Sharks Prospect Robins Named WHL Player of the Week
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today that Saskatoon Blades forward Tristen Robins has been named WHL Player of the Week for the week ending January 23, 2022.
Robins, a prospect of the San Jose Sharks, recorded seven points (2G-5A) in a pair of Blades home victories this past weekend versus the Medicine Hat Tigers and Winnipeg ICE, registering his 100th career WHL assist in the process.
The product of Clear Lake, Man. started his week by with a three-point performance (2G-1A) Friday, January 21 against the Tigers. Robins got the Blades offence started with a first-period goal before adding a short-handed marker in the middle stanza as Saskatoon defeated Medicine Hat 9-2.
He then added four assists in a 7-2 victory over Winnipeg Saturday, January 22.
Robins was named second star in both contests.
The 20-year-old currently leads the WHL in short-handed points (six), while also sitting second among WHL skaters in power-play points (24).
He was previously named the WHL Player of the Week for the week ending October 17, 2021. He was also honoured as the McSweeney's WHL Player of the Month for the month of October.
Robins was originally selected by the Regina Pats in the fourth round of the 2016 WHL Draft. In 185 career WHL games with the Pats and Blades, he has tallied 174 points (72G-102A).
The San Jose Sharks selected Robins in the second round of the 2020 NHL Draft, signing him to an entry-level contract in January of 2021.
Robins and the Saskatoon Blades are next in action Tuesday, January 25 when they begin a two-game Alberta road trip against the Medicine Hat Tigers (7:00 p.m. MT, Co-op Place).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2022
- Pats Host Rival Raiders on Tuesday - Regina Pats
- Hurricanes vs. Blades Game Postponed - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winterhawks Weekly: Hawks' Point Streak Hits 11 as Team Sweeps Three-In-Three - Portland Winterhawks
- January 25 Game Postponed - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Alberta Trip this Week Postponed, WHL Announces Rescheduling of Two Games - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL Announces Return to Team Activities for Wheat Kings and Rockets; Changes to Seven WHL Regular Season Games - WHL
- Warriors Look to Finish Strong Road Trip with Win in Edmonton - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Former Rebels Goalie Toth Served as Vancouver Canucks Emergency Backup in Sunday's Loss to Blues - Red Deer Rebels
- Preview: Rockets At Royals - Kelowna Rockets
- Sharks Prospect Robins Named WHL Player of the Week - Saskatoon Blades
- Royals Prepare for Rockets and Blazers to End Two-Week Drive - Victoria Royals
- Rangers Prospect Garand Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Sharks Prospect Robins Named WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Join Us for Hockey Day in Canada this Saturday - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Chiefs Force Overtime in Final Seconds, Fall 5-4 in Portland - Spokane Chiefs
- Portland Completes Perfect Weekend with Thrilling Overtime Win against Spokane - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.