Series Opener to Bolts at Wild Things Park
WASHINGTON, Pa. - Three first-inning runs for the ThunderBolts and two more after the Wild Things fought back to tie the series opener were the difference for the visitors in Friday's game at Wild Things Park, as Washington dropped its sixth-consecutive game. The final score was 5-3.
Windy City scored three runs in the first inning highlighted by a two-run triple by right fielder Chase Cockrell, as Chris Washington, the Bolts' starter, worked three scoreless to start the game.
Washington got to the lefty in the fourth, plating three of its own, highlighted by a two-run triple by JR Davis. Ryan Cox had driven in the first of the three with a sac fly.
The Bolts took the lead right back in the fifth, scoring a run on a double by Michael Mateja. Tyler Straub then hit a homer in the ninth to push it to its final of 5-3.
The Wild Things and ThunderBolts meet again for the middle game of the series tomorrow. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Barrett, Grizzlies Shut out Evansville - Gateway Grizzlies
- Slammers Beat Miners in Game One, 10-9 - Joliet Slammers
- Schaumburg's Timely Hitting Helps Boomers Win Big First Game - Lake Erie Crushers
- Boomers Open Key Series with Late Victory - Schaumburg Boomers
- Series Opener to Bolts at Wild Things Park - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Win Thriller over Freedom - River City Rascals
- ThunderBolts Capture Opener in Washington - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Otters Win Series on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Walked-Off by Otters - River City Rascals
- Skid Snaps as Freedom Salvage Finale - Florence Freedom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.