Savage Brings Home Some Hardware
June 5, 2007: Spokane, WA: The arenafootball2 league announced today that Spokane Shock WR Antwone Savage was selected as the Schutt's Offensive Player of the Week for week 10.
Savage had 14 receptions, one short of Spokane's record set by Charles Frederick in 2006, four touchdowns, and 179 yards. He is the first member of the Shock to win a Player of the Week Award in the 2007 season.
"Antwone is a consummate team player," Head Coach Adam Shackleford said. "I'm glad to see that some of his individual efforts are gaining some recognition as well."
The Oklahoma alum currently ranks second in the league in touchdown receptions with 25 and in scoring with 156 points. He also ranks among the league's elite in receptions (74), receiving yards (994) and all-purpose yards (1,713).
Savage and the Shock will travel to Bakersfield this weekend to take on the Blitz. 105.7 THE BUZZARD will carry the game live with Larry Weir and Paul Sorenson. Kick-off is set for 7 PM this Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 5, 2007
- Fire Front Office Update - Louisville Fire
- U of L Grad Gets "FIRED UP" - Louisville Fire
- Wildcats Announce Retro Visor Giveaway Saturday, June 9 - South Georgia Wildcats
- Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings game notes - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Quad City Steamwheelers WR/LB Jack Walker Jr has been Named the af2 U.S. Army Ironman of the Week. - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Savage Brings Home Some Hardware - Spokane Shock
- Mahoning Valley Thunder game notes - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- Let Me Be Frank Productions to Perform at Blizzard Game - Green Bay Blizzard
- af2 Players Of The Week - af2
- Yard Dawgz Make-A-Wish - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Lubbock Renegades Weekly Notes - Lubbock Renegades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.