San Antonio Missions Clinch Series Win against RockHounds
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Missions pitching staff allowed just two hits during a 2-0 victory Saturday night. This marks the second shutout win of the year for San Antonio.
For the second consecutive night, the Missions struggled to collect hits early. Midland's starter, Bryce Conley, held the Missions hitless into the fifth inning. That all changed when Juan Fernandez legged out a triple. His second consecutive night with a triple. Then Brad Zunica hit a double down the rightfield line to give San Antonio a 1-0 lead.
Aaron Leasher was the starting pitcher for the Missions and he kept the Midland offense off balance all night long. In six innings of work, Leasher allowed one base hit while striking out four batters.
San Antonio added an insurance run off the bat of Jack Suwinski. The Missions slugger hit his eighth home run of the season. The solo shot made it a 2-0 ballgame.
Nick Kuzia retired all six batters he faced in two innings of relief. He struck out four batters. Jose Quezada recorded his seventh save of the season.
- With the win, San Antonio improves to 19-16 on the season
- CJ Abrams (#2 Padres prospect, #8 MLB prospect): 0-4, K
- Eguy Rosario (#18 Padres prospect): 0-3, K
- Jose Quezada converted his 7th save in seven attempts
- Second shutout win of the season for San Antonio
The Missions wrap-up their six-game homestand against the RockHounds on Sunday, June 13th. Right-hander Reiss Knehr (4-1, 3.79) against right-hander Kyle Friedrichs (0-1, 6.35). First pitch is scheduled for 2:05 p.m.
The San Antonio Missions are the Double-A affiliate for the San Diego Padres. This is the 119th professional season for the San Antonio Missions. Tickets are on sale now at the Wolff Stadium Box Office or online at samissions.com. Season seat memberships are available now by calling 210-675-PARK (7275).
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Central League message board...
Double-A Central League Stories from June 12, 2021
- Drillers Fall Despite Dominant Start from Pepiot - Tulsa Drillers
- Sod Poodles Rattle off Seven Unanswered Runs in Comeback Win - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Surge Win in Extra Innings - Wichita Wind Surge
- Shut Down & Shut Out; Missions Win, 2-0 - Midland RockHounds
- San Antonio Missions Clinch Series Win against RockHounds - San Antonio Missions
- Gorman's 3 HR Night Gives Cards Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Series in Frisco Evens with Back-To-Back Losses - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Josh Morgan Homers Twice; Travs Come Back to Top Cards - Arkansas Travelers
- Back-To-Back Blasts Set Stage for Win at Hodgetown - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Sod Poodles Drop Game Four to Hooks 8-3 - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Drillers Stay Perfect in Homestand with 5-1 Victory - Tulsa Drillers
- Frisco Slugs Four Homers, Drops Northwest Arkansas - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- 2021 Season Comes to an End with a Sunday Night Loss to Corpus
- San Antonio Allows Four-Run 4th Inning in Loss to Hooks
- A 7th Inning Homer from Michael Curry Carries the Missions Past the Hooks
- Flying Chanclas Score Five Runs in the 7th to Defeat the Hooks
- San Antonio Missions Announce End of the Year Blowout Sale