San Antonio FC Signs Biko Bradnock-Brennan and Jacques Francois
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio FC has signed defender Biko Bradnock-Brennan and forward Jacques Francois for the 2016 USL season, the club announced today. Bradnock-Brennan's clearance to play is pending visa approval. Both players have been on trial with SAFC during the preseason. Per club policy, terms of the contracts were not disclosed.
Bradnock-Brennan spent four years at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, starting in 60 games and earning First Team All-Conference USA honors as well as being named to the College Soccer News National Team of the Week in September of 2014. The center back came to Charlotte from England where he was the captain of the Blackpool FC U-18 team in the FA Reserve Premier League. The England native also spent part of his youth career with Fulham in London
"Biko is a quality center back out of a very good college program at UNC Charlotte," said SAFC Head Coach Darren Powell. "He is a very mature player for his age, and he has impressed us while on trial at preseason camp. We are looking forward to working with him and seeing him improve in this environment."
"I'm very excited to join SAFC," said Bradnock-Brennan. I've worked a long time to get my first professional contract and I couldn't be happier to be part of an organization like this. The facilities, the coaches and the players are all first class so it's something I'm looking forward to, and I can't wait for the season."
Francois joins SAFC from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro where he recently scored eight goals and recorded 10 assists in 19 appearances during his senior season, leading him to be named the Southern Conference Player of the Year. In 2014 as a junior, he started 15 times and made 20 appearances, scoring three goals and collecting two assists. Following his junior season with UNC Greensboro, Francois was named to the Southern Conference All-Tournament Team and was a two-time BCBSNC Athlete of the Week. The Haiti native also spent time in the Orlando City U-23 side under Powell.
"Jacques played with us in Orlando with our PDL squad last summer and had a very good college season, being named conference player of the year," said Powell. "He has a lot of raw potential and we are looking forward to him joining us when he finishes school. We hope to see him fulfill his potential here in San Antonio."
San Antonio FC will debut in front of home supporters at Toyota Field on Saturday, April 9 against Swope Park Rangers, the USL affiliate of Sporting Kansas City.
Fans interested in being a part of the inaugural season can place a deposit for 2016 season tickets online at SanAntonioFC.com or by calling 210-444-5MLS. Single-game tickets for individual matches can also be purchased on the club's website.
Supporters can follow the club by liking San Antonio FC on Facebook, as well as following the team on Twitter (@SanAntonioFC), Instagram (@sanantoniofc) and Snapchat (@SanAntonioFC).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 29, 2016
- OC Blues FC Announces Ajeakwa, Bjurman, Baccielo for 2016 Season - Orange County SC
- San Antonio FC Signs Biko Bradnock-Brennan and Jacques Francois - San Antonio FC
- Ryan Richter Named to USL Team of the Week - Bethlehem Steel FC
- U.S. Soccer Announces Rio Grande Valley FC Will Not Compete in U.S. Open Cup - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- An Aggressive Start Key for Arizona United against S2 - Phoenix Rising FC
- Kickers Host I Heart Carytown Craft Beer Festival April 9 - Richmond Kickers
- USL Names Player and Team of the Week - USL
- Goodwin Earns Weekly Honor - Louisville City FC
- Saint Louis FC Visit LA Galaxy II Wednesday Night - Saint Louis FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Announce Official Supporters Group - Bethlehem Steel FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio FC Stories
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Lance Laing
- San Antonio FC Re-Signs Goalkeeper Matthew Cardone
- San Antonio FC Defender Greg Cochrane Announces Retirement
- San Antonio FC Re-Signs Midfielder Pecka
- San Antonio FC Defender Darnell King Named to USL All-League Second Team