Saltdogs Acquire Lefty from Fargo
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX - The Lincoln Saltdogs announced yesterday that they completed a trade with the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks to send infielder Trever Adams to Fargo in exchange for left-handed pitcher Cesilio Pimentel.
Pimentel, from San Cristobal, Dominican Republic, was 5-1 with a 3.37 ERA over six starts for the RedHawks. He was superb in his first five starts, earning the win in each game and allowing just eight runs over the contests. He was charged with the loss on June 15th against the Saltdogs after giving up six earned runs in five innings. That was his last start before going to the Disabled List in Fargo.
The left-hander spent six seasons in the Pittsburgh Pirates' organization before coming to the American Association. He was 14-15 with a 2.96 ERA while reaching as high as High-A Bradenton.
Pimentel won American Association Pitcher of the Week honors in the first week of the 2017 season. He won his only start that week at Texas by throwing eight scoreless innings while striking out eight batters. He didn't issue a walk and allowed just three hits.
Cesilio Pimentel is not related to Carlos Pimentel, a pitcher from the Dominican Republic who is already on the Saltdogs roster.
Adams played 39 games for the Saltdogs after coming over in a trade with St. Paul in the offseason. He hit .243 and tied for the team-lead with eight home runs. He was leading the league with 52 strikeouts at the time of the trade. The utility player went to Lincoln Southeast High School and Creighton University.
The Saltdogs try to earn a series-clinching win against the Texas AirHogs tonight in Grand Prairie. First pitch is at 6:05 PM with coverage beginning at 5:35 PM on ESPN 1480 and saltdogs.com.
The Saltdogs are back in Lincoln to face the Salina Stockade on Tuesday, July 11th. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling (402) 474-2255 or visiting Saltdogs.com. For the latest information on the Saltdogs follow the team on Facebook and Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 5, 2017
- RailCats Re-Sign Reliever Carlos Pinales - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Keyes, Carroll Selected to All-Star Team - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Four Wingnuts Selected to All-Star Game - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Fall a Run Short in Wichita - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Fend off Goldeyes for Seventh Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Acquire Lefty from Fargo - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lincoln Saltdogs Stories
- Major League Baseball, American Association Announce Partnership
- A difficult decision, Saltdogs to cancel the 2020 Season
- Saltdogs Cancel 2020 Season
- Start of 2020 Season Delayed by Covid-19 Pandemic
- 'Dogs Sign Former MLB Pitcher Dallas Beeler, Re-Sign LHP Kyle Kinman