Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Clippers
ORLANDO - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, mounted a second half comeback, but came up just short against the Agua Caliente Clippers, falling 100-87 on Tuesday.
Playing their fifth game in the first seven days of the NBA G League single-site, the Stars fell behind early as the Clippers jumped out to a 12-4 lead in the game's first few minutes. Agua Caliente would lead by as much as 19 in the second quarter and took a 58-42 halftime edge into the locker room.
The Stars came out strong in the second half, opening the third quarter with a 14-2 run to cut the deficit to 60-56. Salt Lake City outscored Agua Caliente 33-20 in the third and trailed 78-75 going into the final quarter. The Stars cut the deficit back down to three points twice more in the fourth but could complete the comeback as the Clippers finished the game on a 12-2 run.
For the third-straight game since joining the Stars, Dallas Mavericks two-way player Tyler Bey led the team in scoring, going for 21 points with eight rebounds. Yogi Ferrell finished in double figures for the fifth straight game scoring 13 points, with nine coming during the Stars big third quarter push. Trevon Bluiett had 13 points and Trevon Scott finished with 12 to join Bey and Ferrell in double-figures for the Stars.
Agua Calinete was led by 21 points from Jahmi'us Ramsey while Jordan Ford contributed 16 points off the bench. Emanuel Terry collected 15 boards while Donte Grantham had 12 rebounds as the Clippers outrebounded the Stars 47-35.
The Stars will take Wednesday off before returning to the court on Thursday morning against Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors affiliate). Tip-off is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. (MT) and is available to be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Blue Coats Cruise Past Swarm to Improve to 4-0 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Ramsey Scores 21 as Clippers Cruise past Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Spurs Downed by Canton - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Charge Tame Spurs - Canton Charge
- Vipers Fall Short to Magic - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Acquires Phil Booth - Oklahoma City Blue
- FOX Sports Florida to Televise Lakeland Magic Games - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Unveil Austin Fiesta Edition Uniforms - Austin Spurs
- NBA G League News & Notes: February 16 - G League
- Paul Reed Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic
- Yogi Ferrell Scores 29 in Salt Lake City Stars Victory
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite