Rush Sign Finlay and Murphy
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatchewan Rush have signed defender Nick Finlay to a two-year contract, and forward Austin Murphy to a one-year contract.
Nick Finlay was drafted 16th overall by the Rush in the 2017 NLL Entry Draft. Finlay dressed 9 games with the Rush over the past two seasons, posting 3 points, 23 loose balls, and 4 caused turnovers. After moving out west this summer, Finlay had a strong season with the Nanaimo Timbermen of the WLA, scoring 24 points over 24 games.
Austin Murphy was drafted 41st overall by the Rush in the 2018 NLL Entry Draft. Murphy put up 17 points in 10 games with the Brooklin Lacrosse Club in the MSL this summer. He was named the 2018 Rookie of the Year in the Arena Lacrosse League, and completed his collegiate career at Wingate University as the program's all-time leading scorer with 228 points.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Vancouver Warriors Sign Free Agent Riley Loewen - Vancouver Warriors
- John LaFontaine Signs Contract Extension - New England Black Wolves
- John LaFontaine Signs Three-Year Extension - New England Black Wolves
- What to Expect at the 2019 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Sign Finlay and Murphy - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.