Vancouver Warriors Sign Free Agent Riley Loewen
VANCOUVER BC - The Vancouver Warriors are excited to announce the signing of unrestricted free agent forward Riley Loewen to a multi-year agreement, pending NLL approval.
Loewen, 29, is from Burnaby, and has just wrapped up his 6th season in the National Lacrosse League. Last season in Calgary, his third with the Roughnecks, Loewen scored a career high 20 goals and added 26 assists for 46 points, also a career high. Loewen is 6-1 and 190 pounds and plays his summer lacrosse with Maple Ridge of the WLA.
General Manager Dan Richardson looks forward to Loewen joining the Warriors. "Riley Loewen is a local player with championship pedigree that will balance our scoring attack. We are very excited to bring in a player of Riley's caliber," states Richardson.
"I am extremely excited to have Riley sign with the Warriors," comments Vancouver Warriors Head Coach Chris Gill. "Riley is a talented offensive player who makes players around him better. Riley is a 'team first' guy and will become part of our leadership core."
For more information on the Vancouver Warriors, please visit our website at www.vancouverwarriors.com or for tickets contact us at 604-899-4625, option 3.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Vancouver Warriors Sign Free Agent Riley Loewen - Vancouver Warriors
- John LaFontaine Signs Contract Extension - New England Black Wolves
- John LaFontaine Signs Three-Year Extension - New England Black Wolves
- What to Expect at the 2019 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Sign Finlay and Murphy - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Warriors Stories
- Warriors Re-Sign Logan Schuss
- Warriors Sign Tyson Roe
- Warriors Sign Mitch Jones to a Multi-Year Contract
- Warriors 2019 NLL Draft Recap
- Warriors Add D/T Marcus Minichiello