John LaFontaine Signs Three-Year Extension
UNCASVILLE, Conn. - The New England Black Wolves announced today that John LaFontaine has been signed to a three-year contract extension, pending league approval.
Per team policy, no details were released.
LaFontaine joined the New England Black Wolves in August of 2017 via a trade with the Saskatchewan Rush. He was drafted by the Edmonton Rush in 2010 which later relocated to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in 2016.
During the 2018-19 season, the defenseman recorded one goal, five assists, 42 loose balls and five caused turnovers.
"Laffy is an integral part not only on our backend but to the overall make-up of the Black Wolves. He is one of the best defensemen in the NLL and when you combine his athleticism, lacrosse IQ and leadership on and off the field - he is exactly the type of player we look for," Black Wolves general manager Rich Lisk said. "I am very excited that John has decided to sign the long term extension and stay in New England."
The 2019 NLL Entry Draft will be held on Tuesday, September 17 at Xfinity Live! in Philadelphia, Pa. New England will have the third and 17th picks in the first round of the draft.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season can be purchased by visiting blackwolves.com or calling 844-LAX-WOLF.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Vancouver Warriors Sign Free Agent Riley Loewen - Vancouver Warriors
- John LaFontaine Signs Contract Extension - New England Black Wolves
- John LaFontaine Signs Three-Year Extension - New England Black Wolves
- What to Expect at the 2019 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Sign Finlay and Murphy - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves
- Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto
- Black Wolves Lacrosse Leadership Returns