Rush Help Raise Over $4,700 for Special Olympics
(Rapid City, SD) - Yesterday, the Rapid City Rush, along with Knology, Special Olympics, and Buffalo Wild Wings, put on the first ever Tip-a-Player event. Rush players worked as 'celebrity waiters' for the evening, catering to the hundreds of fans and customers at Buffalo Wild Wings. The Rush assisted in raising over $4,700 which will go directly to benefit Special Olympics.
"I am so pleased to see how well the entire Tip-A-Player evening went," said Rush General Manager Tim Hill. "I would like to thank the Rush players, the Special Olympic athletes, Knology, volunteers, and the staff at Buffalo Wild Wings for putting in so much time and effort. This will be an annual event that I will look forward to every year."
Buffalo Wild Wings General Manager, Matt Benne, assisted in putting the entire event together.
"On behalf of Buffalo Wild Wings I would like to thank all of the Rush players, Special Olympics athletes, Knology, volunteers, and guests who made this night such a HUGE success," said Benne. "It was an amazing site to look over the restaurant and see the Rush players, Special Olympics athletes, and Buffalo Wild Wings servers raising awareness for Special Olympics of the Black Hills! This event is one example of how generous our community can be when they put their support behind a good cause."
For more info, photos, and video from the evening, please follow the link below.
Other Rush News:
Tickets for the 2010 - 11 Rush hockey season are on sale now. For more information, contact the Rush office at 605.716.PUCK (7825) or email [email protected]
Stay informed on Rush happenings through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2011
- Mudbugs Drop First-Ever Meeting with Gems - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Win Big Over Mudbugs, 5-3 - Dayton Gems
- Americans Game Vs Killer Bees Postponed - Allen Americans
- CHL Friday's Allen/RGV Game Postponed - CHL
- Killer Bees Game Against Allen Postponed - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rush Set for Final Home Games Before Stock Show; Tickets Still Available for Rush Vs. IceMen - Rapid City Rush
- RiverKings Ready for 8th Face off Field Trip - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush Help Raise Over $4,700 for Special Olympics - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Start Road Trip Friday - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Weekend Preview - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brahmas Look to Continue Win Streak - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Game at Bloomington Originally Set for March 18 Moved to February 1 - Quad City Mallards
- Jacks Comeback Falls Short, 5-3, in Arizona - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Win Third Straight at Home, Down Jackalopes, 5-3 - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.