Americans Game Vs Killer Bees Postponed
ALLEN, Texas- The Allen Americans and Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees were set to begin a two-game set on Friday night in Hidalgo, Texas at State Farm Arena. Tomorrow night's game has now been postponed due to an issue with the ice making machinery within the building.
"It is an unfortunate situation that was beyond the control of State Farm Arena and the Killer Bees," Americans President Matt Canavan said. " We are working with Dan and the Killer Bees to reschedule the game at the earliest convenience."
Saturday's game is still scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m.
Below is the official release from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees:
KILLER BEES GAME AGAINST ALLEN POSTPONED
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees regret to announce that this Friday night's game against the Allen Americans has been postponed due to a mechanical failure within the ice making machinery at the State Farm Arena. The breakdown has caused the ice to not be at an acceptable level.
"Postponing the game was our last and final option and one we hoped to never have to reach however having a safe ice surface for the players is paramount," Killer Bees General Manager Dan Belisle said. "We are already working with the arena, league, and the Americans to find a suitable date to play the game."
The Killer Bees have not yet announced a new date for the game. Rescheduling information will be available at killerbeehockey.com once it is finalized. Fans can receive a refund by returning to the original point of purchase. Tickets for Friday night's game will be honored on the new date.
The Killer Bees game scheduled for Saturday night against the Allen Americans is still set to take place at 7:30 p.m. at the State Farm Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2011
- Mudbugs Drop First-Ever Meeting with Gems - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Win Big Over Mudbugs, 5-3 - Dayton Gems
- Americans Game Vs Killer Bees Postponed - Allen Americans
- CHL Friday's Allen/RGV Game Postponed - CHL
- Killer Bees Game Against Allen Postponed - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rush Set for Final Home Games Before Stock Show; Tickets Still Available for Rush Vs. IceMen - Rapid City Rush
- RiverKings Ready for 8th Face off Field Trip - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush Help Raise Over $4,700 for Special Olympics - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Start Road Trip Friday - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Weekend Preview - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brahmas Look to Continue Win Streak - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Game at Bloomington Originally Set for March 18 Moved to February 1 - Quad City Mallards
- Jacks Comeback Falls Short, 5-3, in Arizona - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Win Third Straight at Home, Down Jackalopes, 5-3 - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Partner with be at the Game, LTD for Fan Cutouts
- Americans Sign Forward Colton Heffley
- ECHL's Allen Americans Select ImagineAR for Fan Engagement & Sponsorship Programs
- Young Forward Bethune Returns to Allen After Brief Appearance with the Americans in 17-18
- Relive the 2015 & 2016 Kelly Cup Championships