Royals Win Rubber Match 3-1 against Reds
Greeneville, Tenn. - The Royals edged out the Reds on Tuesday in a 3-1 win. The victory gave Burlington the series win in the first meetings between the two squads in 2019.
In the top of the third inning, Kevon Jackson launched his first home run of the season of 2019 on a two-run blast to right and put the Royals up 2-0.
The only Reds score came in the bottom of the fifth when Ranser Amador scored on an Ivan Johnson double play ball.
The Royals added another run in the top of the ninth when Jay Charleston ripped a single that scored David Hollie and pushed the lead to 3-1.
Burlington left-hander Patrick Smith earned his first professional win for throwing a scoreless fifth inning in relief while Jonah Dipoto tossed a perfect ninth to pick up the save. Greeneville starter Jake Gilbert took the loss after surrendering the two runs.
The Royals have Wednesday off before starting a six-game homestand against the Johnson City Cardinals on Thursday. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Single-game tickets are on sale now. Call 336-222-0223 or visit www.burlingtonroyals.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Late Mistake Undoes Rally - Bristol Pirates
- Thrilling Walk-Off Win Opens Homestand - Danville Braves
- Wynne Pitches Reds to Series Opening Win in Bluefield - Greeneville Reds
- Royals Win Rubber Match 3-1 against Reds - Burlington Royals
- Yankees Score Early, Have Little Trouble with Mets - Pulaski Yankees
- Danville Braves Homestand Preview - Danville Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.