Royals Sign Len DiCostanzo as EBG
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that the organization has signed Len DiCostanzo as the team's emergency back-up goaltender. In a separate transaction, goaltender Rob Lemelin was released as the Royals' EBG. In separate transactions previously completed, (i) forward Bobby Davey was activated from the 3-Day Injured Reserve; and (ii) defenseman Rob LaLonde was returned to the Royals from the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL; and, in a separate transaction, LaLonde was loaned to the Toronto Marlies.
The Royals return home on Saturday night for the 'Pink In The Rink' game against the Wheeling Nailers on Saturday night (February 21 @ 7:05 pm). Saturday's game will be broadcast live on the Royals Radio Network Presented by Transmissions by Arbogast (True Oldies WRAW 1340 am in Reading; and The Ticket WLAN 1390 am in Lancaster), as well as on the internet via webcast hosted by Sportsjuice.com, which can be accessed through the Royals website. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2009
- Checkers come from behind, hand Blades 6-5 shootout loss - Florida Everblades
- Astounding Shootout Win For Charlotte Over Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Royals Sign Len DiCostanzo as EBG - Reading Royals
- Las Vegas Ferraro Suspended Two Games, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goalie Beckford-Tseu assigned to Blades - Florida Everblades
- RoadRunners To Honor 2009 Arizona Teacher Of The Year - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Salmon Kings Return Ramsey To Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Third Annual "Pooch On The Pond" Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Bombers Hit Airwaves Tonight - Dayton Bombers
- All-Star Jersey Auction To Benefit Players Health, Welfare Underway - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Reign Hook Salmon Kings, 5-3 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.