Royals Announce Home Opener
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals are excited to announce that the team will open the 2021-2022 regular season at home against the Vancouver Giants on Saturday, October 2 at 7:05 p.m.
This will be the first time the team plays an official regular season game at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre since the 2019-2020 season abruptly came to an end due to the pandemic.
An on sale date and a full schedule for the upcoming season will be released at a later date.
The announcement of the home opener comes in the wake of the Western Hockey League declaring that the 2021-22 WHL Regular Season will begin on Friday, October 1. With the anticipated lifting of health restrictions in all jurisdictions, the upcoming WHL season will have a 68-game schedule with full capacity in a fan-friendly and safe environment throughout all WHL markets. The 2021-22 WHL Regular Season will conclude Sunday, April 3.
"This is an exciting time for our hockey club and knowing that we will be playing in front of our great fans this fall has created a buzz within our team," said Dan Price, General Manager and Head Coach of the Victoria Royals. "We've missed hearing the roar of the crowd and being able to show our appreciation to the people of Victoria. We have a talented young team excited to perform during the 2021-2022 season."
On Monday, June 21, the 2021 WHL Pre-Season Schedule will also be announced. Fans can expect to see the full 2021-22 WHL Western Conference Regular Season Schedule released on Wednesday, June 23 at 11 a.m. MT. The 2021-22 WHL Eastern Conference Regular Season Schedule will be announced at a later date.
Royals season ticket holders can expect to receive renewal packages in the coming weeks. Season seats for new seat holders will go on sale shortly thereafter.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 18, 2021
- Silvertips to Open Doors to Hockey Fans for Home Opener on Friday, October 8 against Portland at 7:05pm - Everett Silvertips
- Pete Mossey 1928-2021 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Royals Announce Home Opener - Victoria Royals
- Curtain Call: Peaches Checks Out - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Royals Stories
- Victoria Royals Sign 2021 CHL Import Draft Pick Sebastian Wraneschitz
- Royals Acquire Massier from Pats for Maddocks
- Victoria Royals Gannon Laroque Drafted to the San Jose Sharks
- Victoria Royals Select Sebastian Wraneschitz in 2021 CHL Import Draft
- Victoria Royals Recognize Team Award Winners