Pete Mossey 1928-2021
The Medicine Hat Tigers are saddened to learn of the passing of former Medicine Hat News Editor Pete Mossey.
Pete came to Medicine Hat in 1963 and started covering the Tigers in the early days of the franchise. His articles were always informative and humorous as he relayed the news of the day to the community of Medicine Hat and surrounding areas.
Pete was a great supporter of the Medicine Hat Tigers and of all local sports, including the Senior Hockey League and Oldtimers Hockey. Pete was also the founder of the Medicine Hat News Santa Claus Fund, a charity that the Medicine Hat Tigers still proudly support to this day.
The entire Medicine Hat Tigers organization would like to extend our deepest condolences and sympathy to Pete's family and to all those that knew him.
Peter Richard Mossey (March 9, 1928 - June 14, 2021)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 18, 2021
- Silvertips to Open Doors to Hockey Fans for Home Opener on Friday, October 8 against Portland at 7:05pm - Everett Silvertips
- Pete Mossey 1928-2021 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Royals Announce Home Opener - Victoria Royals
- Curtain Call: Peaches Checks Out - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.