Rockets Trade Cristiano's Rights
November 29, 2022 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Kelowna Rockets News Release
The Kelowna Rockets announced today that they have traded goaltender Nicholas Cristiano's WHL playing rights to the Victoria Royals in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2023 WHL Prospects Draft.
Cristiano, 18, was 0-1-0-0 with a 2.61 goals-against average and .879 save percentage in three games (one start) for Kelowna this season before he was reassigned to the West Kelowna Warriors of the BCHL on October 22, 2022.
With the Warriors, the 6'1, 175-pound netminder was 1-2-0 with a 4.42 goals-against average and .867 save percentage in four games (3 starts).
The Langley, BC product was originally listed by the Rockets, joining the team as an affiliate goaltender during the 2020-21 Hub Season where he appeared in one game. Last season he remained on the Rockets protected list playing for the Fraser Valley Thunderbirds of the BCEHL U18.
Images from this story
Kelowna Rockets goaltender Nicholas Cristiano
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2022
- Seeley, Swetlikoff Impressing in First Pro Seasons - Everett Silvertips
- November 29 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Royals Welcome Warriors for Midweek Contest - Victoria Royals
- Pats Continue B.C. Swing in Kelowna - Regina Pats
- Warriors Aim to Keep Roll Going in Victoria - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Rockets Trade Cristiano's Rights - Kelowna Rockets
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Nicholas Cristiano from Rockets - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.