Rockets Game on Friday Postponed, Saturday's Game Still a Go
The Western Hockey League announced today the postponement of tomorrow's Kelowna Rockets game against the Vancouver Giants on January 7, 2022, as a result of multiple Giants players and staff being added to the WHL COVID-19 Protocol List due to exhibiting symptoms or having tested positive for COVID-19.
As of today, no Rockets players or staff have tested positive for Covid-19.
A rescheduled date for Friday's game against Vancouver will be announced at a later time.
Saturday's game against Portland will go ahead as scheduled.
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:
Please save your home game #16 tickets for that future game. Saturday's game against Portland will be played.
Please use your home game #17 ticket to enter the game.
SINGLE-GAME TICKET HOLDERS
Please save your Friday, January 7 tickets, they will be valid for the rescheduled game.
The WHL is working in consultation with the WHL Chief Medical Officer regarding the players and staff entered into WHL COVID-19 Protocols. Additional test results are pending and further information will be provided when it is available.
The health and safety of all WHL participants is the top priority for the WHL. In order to reduce the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19, the WHL requires all WHL roster players, hockey operations staff, and other team and League office personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2022
- Ticket Information for Postponed Games - Swift Current Broncos
- WHL Announces Postponement of Broncos Games on January 7 and 8 - Swift Current Broncos
- Silvertips Postpone Three Games Due to Travel Issues - Everett Silvertips
- WHL Postpones Friday's Winterhawks Game at Kamloops - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Announces Postponement of Chiefs' Game on Friday, January 7 - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets Game on Friday Postponed, Saturday's Game Still a Go - Kelowna Rockets
- WHL Announces Postponement of Seven WHL Regular Season Games - WHL
- WHL Announces Postponement of Weekend Series against Swift Current - Prince Albert Raiders
- WHL Announces Postponement of Two WHL Regular Season Games - WHL
- Goaltender Coach Gordon Likes the Progress, Attitude of Both Rebels Netminders - Red Deer Rebels
- Girls Rock Night Presented by Dance Street Set for January 21 - Saskatoon Blades
- EOCF and Oil Kings Make Donation to Food Banks Alberta - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Royals Sign Goaltender Jayden Kraus - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.