Rockers Walk-Off Winners in Series Opener
High Point, North Carolina - The Somerset Patriots (3-5, 45-33) dropped a 10-inning contest 4-3 to the High Point Rockers (5-4, 46-33) Friday night at BB&T Point.
Somerset opened the scoring in the top of the second inning on a Michael Oilman (6) solo home run to left-center field.
A solo home run from Jimmy Paredes (7) a couple of innings later in the fourth doubled the Patriots' lead to 2-0. High Point answered in the next half inning, however, on a Richie Shaffer two-out RBI single, trimming the deficit back to one.
The Rockers tied the game in the sixth inning and later took the lead in the 7th. A costly three-base fielding error from Justin Pacchioli in the sixth opened the door for High Point before a Tyler Ladendorf RBI single tied the game at 2-2. Myles Schroder (7) then gave the Rockers their first lead of the night with a solo home run in the seventh.
Alfredo Rodriguez evened the score in the eighth on an RBI single, but the game would advance to extra innings.
Somerset failed to score in the top of the 10th, setting the stage for High Point in the bottom of the 10th. Spotted a runner at second, Breland Almadova hit a walk-off RBI single down the right field line to win it in extras.
Ryan Kelly (W, 1-0) got the win with a scoreless inning of relief. Luis Cruz (L, 0-1) took the loss, yielding one unearned run.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford continues on the road until Friday, July 26th when the Patriots return home to host the Long Island Ducks. The game includes a postgame fireworks show. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher James Pugliese
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Torrence Injured; Barnstormers Drop Pair - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Skeeters Take Series Opener over Blue Crabs - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Rockers Walk-Off Winners in Series Opener - Somerset Patriots
- Kovu the Bat Dog to Make 7 More Appearances at Constellation Field in '19 - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Burgos Becomes 13th Duck to Have Contract Purchased - Long Island Ducks
- Ducks Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Long Island Ducks
- Revs Sweep Twinbill from Patriots - York Revolution