Rockers Take Second Game of Series over Patriots 3-1
idgewater, NJ - The High Point Rockers (10-7) defeated the Somerset Patriots (12-4) 3-1 at TD Bank Ballpark on Wednesday night.
High Point took a 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth inning on a groundout by Dante Bichette Jr.
Somerset then tied up the game in the bottom of the fourth inning on an RBI single by Edwin Espinal.
The Rockers answered to regain the lead on a two-run home run by Quincy Latimore (4) that made the score 3-1, which would be the final.
Seth Simmons (2-1) picked up the win, allowing a run on three hits and five strikeouts in six innings pitched. Thomas Dorminy (0-2) suffered the loss, allowing three runs on six hits and five strikeouts in 5.2 innings pitched. Trevor Frank earned his sixth save of the season with a scoreless inning pitched and two strikeouts.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue at home with a day-night doubleheader on Thursday, May 16th against the High Point Rockers. The first game is at 11:05 am and is a STEM In Baseball Day presented by Sanofi. The nightcap will take place at 6:35 pm and features Martial Arts Night. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher Zech Zinicola
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Bees Walk-Off On Barnstormers To Even Up Series - New Britain Bees
- Bees Game Winner Forced Home in Ninth - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Rockers Take Second Game of Series over Patriots 3-1 - Somerset Patriots
- Southern Maryland's All-Around Performance Leads to Win - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Blue Crabs Pinch Ducks with Big First Inning - Long Island Ducks
- Sign Your Child up for a Bees Baseball & Softball Camp - New Britain Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.