Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week
VANCOUVER, B.C. - Canadians outfielder Will Robertson has been named Northwest League Player of the Week (August 26 - September 2) after hitting .458 (11-for-24) in his final six games of the season.
Robertson became the first player since A.J. Kirby-Jones (2010) to hit home runs in three consecutive games as the former Crieghton Blue Jays standout also had a double and a team high eight RBI over the final week. Vancouver would go 1-5 (.167) over this stretch.
Robertson, 21, was selected in the fourth round of the 2019 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft and hit .421 (16-for-38) with nine runs scored over his final ten games trying desperately to keep Vancouver in post-season consideration heading into the final week. He finished the season leading the Canadians in all three major offensive categories hitting .268 with six home runs and 33 RBI.
Adam Kloffenstein was the only other Vancouver Canadians player to receive a weekly acknowledgment from the Northwest League.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Spokane's Playoff Run Starts Wednesday - Spokane Indians
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week - Vancouver Canadians
- Deivy Florido Named NWL Pitcher of the Week - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Head to Playoffs on High Note - Hillsboro Hops
- Dust Devils Win Regular Season Finale - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Hawks Drop Final Game of the Season 13-5 against Hops - Boise Hawks
- Frogs Sweep Season Finale, 3-1 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Vancouver Announces 2020 Coaching Staff
- Beyond the Nat 2020
- Canadians Baron Receive National Field Recognition
- Canadians Announce 2020 Early Bird Schedule
- Canadians TBT: Part 1