Dust Devils Win Regular Season Finale
Behind three home runs the Tri-City Dust Devils (22-16, 38-38) wrapped up the regular season with a 7-3 victory over the Spokane Indians (23-15, 45-31) on Monday at Gesa Stadium. The Dust Devils will have an off day on Tuesday before beginning the Divisional Round of the Northwest League Playoffs against Spokane on Wednesday at Avista Stadium.
A number of Dust Devils had standout performances at the plate in the win. Nick Gatewood hit two home runs and ended the game with three hits. Reinaldo Ilarraza finished just a home run shy of hitting for the cycle. Logan Driscoll also had three hits, including a two-run blast in the bottom of the first inning. Tri-City starter Luarbert Arias earned the win in his debut with the team after only allowing one run in five innings of work.
The Dust Devils regular season came to a close in a record setting fashion. Tonight's crowd of 2,682 fans brought the season long total to 87,021 which set an all-time franchise record for the Dust Devils.
After opening the playoffs in Spokane on Wednesday, the series will come to Gesa Stadium on Thursday. The Dust Devils will host the second game of the Divisional Round on Thursday. If necessary the third and deciding game of the series will on Friday night at Gesa Stadium. Great seats are available to Thursday's playoff game by calling the team's office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
Images from this story
Tri-City Dust Devils exchange high fives after a win in their season finale
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Spokane's Playoff Run Starts Wednesday - Spokane Indians
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week - Vancouver Canadians
- Deivy Florido Named NWL Pitcher of the Week - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Head to Playoffs on High Note - Hillsboro Hops
- Dust Devils Win Regular Season Finale - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Hawks Drop Final Game of the Season 13-5 against Hops - Boise Hawks
- Frogs Sweep Season Finale, 3-1 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Dust Devils Stories
- Dust Devils Announce 2021 Schedule
- Tri-City Dust Devils Sign 10 Year MLB Affiliation with Los Angeles Angels
- Dust Devils Receive An Affiliate Invite from Major League Baseball
- Gesa Stadium Voted Best Short Season-A Ballpark
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled