Rob Beatty Joins Storm as Goaltending Coach
Guelph, ON - General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett announced today that Rob Beatty has been hired as the hockey club's Goaltending Coach for the 2021-22 OHL season.
For the past four seasons, Beatty has served as the Goaltending Coach for USport's Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks Men's hockey team while continuing his work as the Goaltending Coach for the OJHL's Orangeville Flyers and Brampton Admirals as well as the GOJHL's Brampton Bombers.
"Rob brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and a track record of success in identifying and working with young goaltenders," said Burnett. "He will be a great asset for the development of all of the goaltenders in our system."
Prior to working with the Golden Hawks, Beatty spent seven seasons with the OHL's Brampton/North Bay Battalion as the club's Goaltending Coach. His stint with the Battalion included the 2014 Bobby Orr Trophy as OHL Eastern Conference Champions, 2014 Emms Trophy as Central Division Champions, and a run to the J. Ross Robertson Cup Finals where they faced the Guelph Storm. Beatty also coached the CWHL's Brampton Thunder from 2007 - 2010 and worked with Hockey Canada as an Instructor for Goaltender Speciality Clinics from 2008 - 2016. As a goaltender, Beatty played three seasons with Wilfrid Laurier University from 1986 - 1989 where he won a Men's OUAA Championship in 1989.
"It's great to be joining an organization such as the Storm which has proven to be consistently successful, both on the ice, and with the players they have brought into their system," said Beatty. "I have a great deal of respect for George and look forward to working with him and his staff and with the goaltenders throughout the organization."
Beatty will begin working with the team immediately in preparation for Guelph Storm's 2021 Training Camp and the 2021-22 OHL season.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 22, 2021
- Attack at the Draft: NHL Draft Preview - Owen Sound Attack
- Import Selection Kevin Niedenz to Join Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Rob Beatty Joins Storm as Goaltending Coach - Guelph Storm
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Cole Brown - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Justin Cloutier Commits to the Greyhounds - Soo Greyhounds
- Spitfires Sign 2021 Fourth Rounder Chris O'Flaherty to a Standard Player Agreement - Windsor Spitfires
- 2021 NHL Prospect: Daniil Chayka - Guelph Storm
- Frontenacs Name John McFarland Assistant Coach to Complete 2021-22 Coaching and Support Staff - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- OHL 20 in 20 Season Preview: Guelph Storm
- OHL Board of Governors Approve Transfer of Ownership of Guelph Storm Hockey Club
- Storm Acquire Jack Harper from Flint for Picks
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Mississauga and Guelph
- Goaltender Jacob Oster Commits to Storm