Roadrunners Host First #SummerRunners Events
Tucson, Arizona - The Tucson Roadrunners, owned and operated by the Arizona Coyotes, will host their first #SummerRunners events Thursday, June 2 at Hub Ice Cream from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday, June 3 from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. at Tucson Arena with a Bottled Water Drive, Blood Drive and Season End Closeout Sale.
Thursday, June 2 from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. at Hub Ice Cream, the first 50 fans in Roadrunners Gear will receive a scoop of Hub Ice Cream's all new Rocky Roadrunners Ice Cream on National Rocky Road Day. In addition, the Southern Arizona Animal Food Bank will be collecting loose change and credit card donations at the event. Hub Ice Cream will also be collecting loose change for Roadrunners Give Back, a branch of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation at their cash register in June and July.
Friday, June 3 at Tucson Arena, the Roadrunners are teaming with Vitalant to host a Community Blood Drive and are taking RSVPs HERE. In addition, as Southern Arizona heats up, the Roadrunners will be collecting bottled water as fans enter the event and hosting a 2021-2022 Closeout Sale on merchandise and miscellaneous hockey items as fans exit to benefit Roadrunners Give Back.
Questions About Donating Blood?
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. This could be a little girl in the ICU or a mother with Stage 3 leukemia. If you're worried about needles, don't be-most blood donors compare the experience to a mild, split-second pinch! The entire process is very safe and very fast, and you will feel amazing knowing you potentially saved up to three people.
All healthy donors are urged to donate now; if you've had COVID-19 and have been symptom-free for 10 days, you are eligible to donate. Whatever your COVID-19 vaccination status, you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to give blood
The blood donation process is easy.
Check in for your appointment.
Meet with trained staff to complete health screening and questionnaire.
Donor care specialist will review results and determine the best way for you to donate.
Relax while your specialist prepares materials and equipment.
Specialist will clean an area on your arm and insert a sterile needle to begin.
Samples of your blood will be collected for testing.
You will then complete the whole blood donation process, which can take up to 15 minutes (usually 1O).
Enjoy light refreshments to replenish fluids and nutrients.
You're done! Feel proud knowing you've saved up to three lives, and encourage friends and family to donate!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 24, 2022
- Heat Blank Eagles for Second-Straight Game, Take 2-0 Series Lead - Stockton Heat
- Wolf's Second-Straight Shutout Gives Heat 2-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Host First #SummerRunners Events - Tucson Roadrunners
- Year in Review: Belleville and Atlanta Share Successful Affiliation - Belleville Senators
- Amerks' Holmstrom Suspended for Two Games - AHL
- Playoff Notebook: Preparing to Bounce Back - Charlotte Checkers
- The Best Inaugural Season Moments: Dries Wins AHL Player of the Month - Abbotsford Canucks
- End of Season Garage Sale Returns June 4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Morning Skate: Heat vs. Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Penguins' 2021-22 Season Should Leave Lasting Impression - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Earns First Pro Shutout as Heat Rout Eagles, 5-0 - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Upended by Heat in Game One, 5-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Come up Short to Rocket in Game 2 - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Darcy Kuemper Wins Stanley Cup, Appeared with Tucson in 2020
- RRTV in the Community: Painting It Tucson
- Roadrunners, Dusty Host Summer Read-A-Longs at Bookmans
- Roadrunners Adopt Street in Downtown Tucson
- Alejandra Trujillo to Paint Roadrunners Inspired Mural at Boys & Girls Clubs