Road Warriors to Celebrate Greenville on Friday Night
Greenville, SC: The Greenville Road Warriors, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers, are celebrating the Greenville area as well as the people, businesses and places that make it great on Friday at their game versus the Wheeling Nailers at 7:00 p.m. T he first 1,000 fans into the game will receive a Celebrate Greenville Road Warriors T-shirt courtesy of Magic 98.9, Seven on Your Side and Pepsi.
The game will feature Greenville-area highlights and acknowledgements throughout the evening. Mayor Knox White will be recognized for his long-standing service to the City of Greenville and will join Bon Secours St Francis Health System CEO Mark Nantz and Greenville County Council Chairman Bob Taylor in dropping the ceremonial first puck. The Road Warriors will also recognize Greenville Councilwoman and community advocate, Lillian Brock-Flemming as well as Steve Grant, founder of the Chris and Kelly Hope Foundation, for their dedication, service and philanthropy in and around the Greenville area.
"The Greenville area is beautiful, vibrant and thriving. We are excited to be able to celebrate the tremendous success, generosity and sense of community that has made this such a wonderful place to live," said General Manager, Chris Lewis. "The Road Warriors are thrilled to be able to honor individuals who have devoted so much of themselves to our community and to recognize local businesses that have achieved great success and contributed significantly to making Greenville such a fantastic place."
In addition to the individual honorees, the Road Warriors will highlight local businesses and community organizations that have won awards and achieved great success during the past year. The Greater Greenville Hockey Association will also be highlighted as some of its youngest players will take the ice during the first intermission for a mini-game.
The evening's festivities will begin pre-game with the ABC Party Rentals Warriors Fan Fest opening at 5:00 p.m. Any fan with a ticket to the game will be able to take part in the free entertainment including music and a kids' zone and will be able to enjoy 2-for-1 domestic beer and $3 cheesesteaks. The pre-game festivities continue at 5:45 p.m. with the lighting of the new Bon Secours Wellness Arena sign that adorns the top of the Road Warriors home. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
Fans can purchase the Warrior Fun Pack for Friday's Celebrate Greenville game and receive four tickets, four hot dogs, four soft drinks, four bags of chips and two Warriors hats for only $48!
The fun continues at Bon Secours Wellness Arena Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. as the Road Warriors return to the ice to face the Wheeling Nailers on Superhero Night! The first 1,000 kids 12 and under will receive a Road Warriors superhero cape courtesy of B93.7 and Seven on Your Side! Doors open at 6:00 p.m. The Ghostbusters will be on hand and fans are encouraged to come to the game dressed as their favorite superhero! Don't miss your last chance to see Warriors hockey in the month of January!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2014
- Sakaris Lifts IceMen over Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Multi-Point Games from Price and Gongalsky Not Enough to Move Past Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Host Tip-A-Player Event at Dave & Buster's - Ontario Reign
- Condors vs. Stockton - $1 Tickets for High School/College Students - Bakersfield Condors
- Klassen Returns to Greenville; Jean Reassigned - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Wheeling, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Swap Blueliners - Wheeling Nailers
- Bulls Get AHL Experienced Forward Ryan Garlock from Bakersfield - San Francisco Bulls
- Reign's 2013-14 Fantasy Team Jersey Date Changed - Ontario Reign
- Blades Acquire Devos in Forward Swap with Elmira - Florida Everblades
- Elmira Jackals Trade Devos to Florida for Henrion - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Receive Forward Jack Downing from Providence; Acquire Goaltender Allen York from Evansvill - South Carolina Stingrays
- Weekly Weather Report: the Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors to Celebrate Greenville on Friday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- $2 Beer, Mr. Belding and ZOOperstars Highlight K-Wings Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roster Shakes for the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Thunder Face Resurgent Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Former Gladiators Forward Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Brandon Anderson Selected CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Reading Royals
- Reading's Anderson Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Reading's Sean Wiles Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Wek - Reading Royals
- Reading's Wiles Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: 2x2 Tuesday Tonight vs. Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 14 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.