RiverDogs Celebrate Judge, the Beautiful Game as Part of Weeklong Homestand
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The sights and sounds of the world's most popular sporting event will fill the grandstands of Joe Riley Park as the RiverDogs return home to celebrate the World Cup while measuring themselves against a pair of divisional foes. Fans can get their hands on their very own Aaron Judge tape measure and grab a spot at Murray's Mezzanine to enjoy some local fare as the RiverDogs finish out the first-half with a seven-game homestand against the Asheville Tourists and Greenville Drive starting on Monday.
Monday, June 11, 7:05 p.m.: Dog Day: RiverDogs fans and their four-legged companions pack the park for another Monday Dog Day at The Joe in conjunction with 98Rock. Humans can enjoy dollar beers and hot dogs courtesy of Busch Light while the club hosts their third dog-friendly tilt of the season. As part of "Dogs with a Cause," the RiverDogs and Blackbaud, the local software and services leader for the global philanthropic community, will share the spotlight with a local nonprofit. This week, the club spotlights Spokes Group Charleston.
Tuesday, June 12, 7:05 p.m.: Live & Local Tuesday: Take in the sights, sounds, and tastes of some Lowcountry flavor as the RiverDogs host another Live & Local Tuesday presented by 105.5 The Bridge. This week, fans can purchase specialty tickets to Murray's Mezzanine for a featured menu from local chef Will Lacey while enjoying a farmer's market on the concourse, live music, and the stylings of guest PA announcer Tessa Spencer, a co-anchor of "Good Morning Charleston" and Lowcountry Live on Channel 4. The RiverDogs also help Charleston ENT & Allergy celebrate Dr. Willy. Be sure to check out the Landshark Shack for weekly drink specials.
Wednesday, June 13, 7:05 p.m.: Aaron Judge Tape Measure Giveaway/Way Back Wednesday: Gauge your own tape measure blasts or do a little home improvement around the house as one of the first 1,000 fans through the gate to get your hands on the most functional giveaway item in the minor leagues. The RiverDogs will celebrate one of their most notable alums on a night celebrating the reigning Rookie of the Year and AL home run king. As part of a "Way Back Wednesday" presented by Kirkman Broadcasting and ABC News 4, the RiverDogs kick it back to their debut season, throwing back prices to $4 general admission seats presented by Harris Teeter and teal and purple uniforms from the 1994 campaign.
Thursday, June 14, 7:05 p.m.: Military Appreciation Night/Thirsty Thursday: The Holy City ball club celebrates the armed forces on a Military Appreciation Night on Flag Day presented by Bank of America.
Come early to catch a special appearance by the Clydesdales before the game just outside the ballpark, starting at 5:00.
All active, retired, reserve and veteran service members with a military ID will receive up to four complimentary tickets at the box office, and the RiverDogs will distribute tickets to the troops at Joint Base Charleston. It's also a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday presented by 95SX featuring dollar brews in the Budweiser Ashley View Pub as DJ Natty Heavy spins the hits all night long. Be sure to follow DJ Natty, Southern Eagle, and 95SX on social media for chances to win wristbands that give you access to Club Budweiser -- the VIP experience where you don't wait in line for beer!
Friday, June 15, 7:05 p.m.: Friday Fireworks to Music of Disney: Back by popular demand, The Joe hosts the happiest sing-along on Earth with everyone's favorite music playing all night long on an evening of classic and current hits from Disney, culminating in a Home Telecom Friday Fireworks showcase. Be our guest and join us for a fun night for kids and adults alike. Fans can wear red to receive a buck off their ticket at the gate with the option to donate that dollar to the Palmetto Military Support Group as part of a Red Shirt Friday.
Saturday, June 16, 6:05 p.m.: World Cup Night: Revel in the glory of the "beautiful game" as the RiverDogs bring the magic of the world's biggest sporting event to Riley Park for a night. Get your very own RiverDogs kit (AKA "a jersey" for the uninitiated) as one of the first 1,000 fans through the gate and take in a cracker of a match as the RiverDogs face in-state rival Greenville. The club will help teach U.S. fans the language of the game, so you don't sound like a "right muppet" in your local pub. Stick around for a postgame kick-around on the field presented by NASH FM and Fox 24. From the pitch to the hard court, the U.S. Women's Open Trophy will also be on hand for fans to take photos with as Charleston prepares to host the tournament at the Country Club of Charleston next spring.
Sunday, June 17, 1:05 p.m.: Father's Day/Holy City Sunday: The RiverDogs wrap up the first-half of the season as they suit up in a special rendition of the Holy City Sunday pinstripes to celebrate a Father's Day afternoon. It's an MUSC Health Family Sunday, meaning kids eat free, run the bases after the game, and everyone parks for free. It's also Stand Up to Cancer Night, with the team wearing special jerseys that will be auctioned off to benefit Stand Up to Cancer. Also, as a special treat to all fathers in attendance, Zodiac Boats will have boats on display, and fans can sign up for a free boat demo for the following weekend.
RiverDogs single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available for the 2018 campaign, the club's 25th season as the RiverDogs and their "175th season in dog years." Ticket information can be secured by contacting the box office at (843) 577-DOGS (3647) or online at www.riverdogs.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 7, 2018
- Late Offensive Rally Comes up Short - Asheville Tourists
- Wallace's Marvelous Outing Guides Power to 5-1 Win - West Virginia Power
- GreenJackets Come up Short in Series Finale - Augusta GreenJackets
- Cavallaro Records Nine Strikeouts in Loss - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Birds Flex Bats to Stave off Sweep - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Drive Top GreenJackets to Clinch Series Victory - Greenville Drive
- Santos Drives in 3 in Loss to Shorebirds - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Bullpen Powers RiverDogs to Series Sweep over Columbia - Charleston RiverDogs
- Romero, Lee, Bogucki Combine for 15 K's in 3-1 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Lexington Legends Drop Series to West Virginia Power - Lexington Legends
- 'Dads Flirt with No-No, Win on Walkoff - Hickory Crawdads
- Late Double Dooms Claws; Suns Win Series Finale 2-1 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 7 vs. Charleston (Game 57) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (June 7) - West Virginia Power
- RiverDogs Celebrate Judge, the Beautiful Game as Part of Weeklong Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- All-Stars Lillie, Alonso Lead Hoppers to Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- RiverDogs Announce Valentine's Day Packages
- Mosquera Returns as RiverDogs Manager in 2019
- RiverDogs Seeking to Fill More Than 200 Gameday Positions at Upcoming Job Fairs
- Smoak, Singleton & Veeck to Join Johnny Damon at RiverDogs Hot Stove Banquet
- RiverDogs Add Four to Front Office Staff Heading into Season