Riders Sign Two
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced the following roster moves:
International wide receiver Austin Ellsworth
International defensive back Solomon Means
Ellsworth (6'2 - 210 lbs) joins the Riders after playing his collegiate career at Illinois College. The versatile 24-year-old spent time as both a wide receiver and a defensive back. In 2016, his senior year, Ellsworth caught 35 receptions for 564 yards and four touchdowns and rushed for 109 yards and another TD. On defence, he added 33 tackles and four interceptions.
Means (6'1 - 181 lbs) played four games in the CFL with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2016 and made nine tackles. He also attended training camp with the B.C. Lions in 2018. In college, the now 26-year-old appeared in 23 games with three starts and recorded 28 tackles, one for loss, and had three pass deflections.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 2 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Training Camp Report - Day 1 - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Release Three, Sign One - Edmonton Eskimos
- BC Lions Add Hometown LB Adam Konar - B.C. Lions
- Riders Sign Two - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Two - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.