Riders Sign DB D.Q. Thomas
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced the following roster moves:
American defensive back D.Q. Thomas
Thomas (5'10-205lbs) - full name Daquaylyn - joins the Roughriders after spending the last two seasons at the University of Southern Mississippi. The Texas native played 24 games for the Golden Eagles where he made 92 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, five sacks, three interceptions, four pass deflections, two quarterback hurries and a fumble recovery. His standout senior year saw him named first-team All-Conference USA. He ranked second on the team in tackles, led the team in tackles for loss with 15 and posted a team-high three interceptions.
Prior to transferring to Southern Mississippi, the 22-year-old played at Tyler Junior College, where in his final year he made 92 tackles, one sack, one interception and one forced fumble in nine games played.
Additionally, American defensive lineman Pete Robertson has opted back into his contract.
Robertson (6'2 - 243lbs) initially joined the Riders in 2020 after spending time with the Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks. Over three seasons he played in 16 preseason games, making 4.5 sacks, and six regular season games, making four career tackles.
Collegiately, Robertson spent five seasons at Texas Tech where he played in 40 games, made 227 tackles, 22 sacks, 39.5 tackles for a loss, two interceptions, one touchdown, eight pass knockdowns, seven forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. Robertson arguably had his best season as a junior where he was named All-Big 12 second team and AP All-Big 12 first team. He started in all 12 games that year making 81 tackles, 13 sacks, 15.5 tackles for a loss, seven quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, three pass breakups and a fumble recovery. By the end of the 2014 season, he led the team in tackles, sacks, tackles for loss, quarterback hurries and forced fumbles, leaving him sixth in the country in sacks and first in the Big 12 Conference.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 7, 2021
- EE Football Team Signs American Offensive Lineman Derek Dennis - EE Football Team
- Argos Re-Sign Canadian DB Arjen Colquhoun - Toronto Argonauts
- Quarterback Moore Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Riders Sign DB D.Q. Thomas - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Quarterback Dominique Davis - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on a One-Year Extensions with Defensive Backs Mercy Maston and Nick Taylor - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Atypique Teams up with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Lions Re-Sign Nationals David Mackie and Hakeem Johnson for 2021 - B.C. Lions
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Special Teams Ace Mike Miller - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.