Riders Can't Dig out of Early Hole Saturday Night
FRISCO, Texas - The Riders fell 9-0 to Amarillo Saturday night before a crowd of 8,599 at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* After Amarillo built a 7-0 lead in the fourth, reliever James Jones worked 2 1/3 scoreless innings to contain further damage. That ran his streak to 14 1/3 innings without allowing an earned run.
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Hunter Pence each recorded a hit as part of their rehab assignments with the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-for-3 (rehab)
* Hunter Pence: 1-for-4 (rehab)
* James Jones: 2 1/3 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Outfielder Preston Beck pitched the ninth inning for the Riders.
Riders vs. Amarillo, Sunday, 6:05 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (1-2, 7.99) vs. RHP Jesse Scholtens (3-4, 5.11)
TV: Fox Sports SW, MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Cardinals 4-Game Win Streak Snapped - Springfield Cardinals
- Riders Can't Dig out of Early Hole Saturday Night - Frisco RoughRiders
- Uceta Strong in Drillers Win - Tulsa Drillers
- Walton, Sanchez Carry Travs Past Cards - Arkansas Travelers
- Naturals Unable to Answer Drillers Runs in Defeat - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Errors Cost Hounds in Loss to Hooks - Midland RockHounds
- Big Leads Don't Last in 11 Inning Defeat - Arkansas Travelers
- Cardinals Erase 4-Run Deficit in Extras with Dramatic 11th-Inning Walk-Off - Springfield Cardinals
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- RoughRiders 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved
- Frisco to Host Texas Collegiate League this Summer at Dr Pepper Ballpark
- Riders to Support North Texas Food Bank with 2020 Home Run 5K
- Riders Foundation Announces 2020 CoServ Teachers of the Month
- Update on 2020 Frisco RoughRiders Season