Revolution Launches 2008 "Countdown to First Kick" Tour
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution today announced the launch of its "Countdown to First Kick" Tour, a series of free interactive and fan-friendly events leading up the Revs' 2008 home opener - Major League Soccer's First Kick - at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 29, against the Houston Dynamo in a rematch of MLS Cup 2007. This year marks the first time in team history that the Revolution will play its season-opening match at home.
The tour begins on Wednesday, Feb. 27, with a stop at the Topsfield Sports Arena in Topsfield Mass. On Saturday, March 8, the Revs will visit the Mansfield Sportsplex in Mansfield, Mass., before wrapping up the tour with a pair of stops on Sunday, March 9 in Framingham, Mass. (Suburban Athletic Club) and Hingham, Mass. (South Shore Sports Center). Admission to all four tour stops is free of charge.
Each of the four "Countdown to First Kick" stops will feature members of the 2008 Revolution team, clinics led by members of the Revolution Academy coaching staff, as well as raffles and the Soccer Celebration inflatables. Revs players will participate in the clinics and help with instruction, and will also be on hand for autograph and photo sessions with fans. The first 100 registrants at each tour stop will also receive a free Gatorade squeeze bottle.
Every child aged 14 and under who attends a "Countdown to First Kick" event will be eligible to participate in a tour-long soccer skills contest. Prizes will be awarded to the top boy and girl in different age groups at each venue. At the end of the tour, grand-prize winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Revs' home opener on March 29, on-field recognition at the game, as well as a personalized soccer jersey.
Fans will also have the opportunity to enter a tour-long raffle for the chance to win one of the following exclusive prizes:
A behind-the-scenes experience and team access at a Revolution home game,
A team invitation to be part of the Revs' pregame Rally Tunnel and a private postgame Autograph Alley session;
The chance to be an official MLS Ball Kid at a Revs home game with three other friends; or
A team invitation to attend a Revolution training session and photo and autograph opportunities.
Fans interested in attending any of the four "Countdown to First Kick" stops are encouraged to fill out the tour waiver and registration forms ahead of time to expedite their registration at the event. The documents - in PDF form - will be available for download at revolutionsoccer.net. Participation in the clinics will be limited and space will be filled on a first-come basis, so fans are encouraged to arrive at the venues early.
Further information, including directions to each of the four "Countdown to First Kick" Tour venues, will be available at revolutionsoccer.net. Skills contest winners from each of the four venues will be posted at revolutionsoccer.net.
The Revs' MLS First Kick 2008 match features New England against the defending MLS champions, the Houston Dynamo. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 29, and Fox Soccer Channel will televise the game nationally. For ticket information, call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net.
2008 NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION "COUNTDOWN TO FIRST KICK" TOUR
Wednesday, February 27
Topsfield Sports Arena
207 Boston St.
Topsfield, MA 01983
Saturday, March 8
31 Oxford Rd.
Mansfield, MA 02048
Sunday, March 9
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Suburban Athletic Club
10 Roxanna St.
Framingham, MA 02702
Sunday, March 9
South Shore Sports Center
55 Recreation Park Dr.
Hingham, MA 02043
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 7, 2008
- Chicago Fire Soccer Launches 10-Year Anniversary Celebration - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC schedule released - Toronto FC
- Crew unveils 2008 MLS regular-season schedule - Columbus Crew SC
- FCD Adds Game vs. Tigres in Mexico to Preseason Schedule - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Announce 2008 MLS Schedule - Chicago Fire
- Revolution Launches 2008 "Countdown to First Kick" Tour - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce 2008 Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Announces 2008 Regular Season Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United announces 2008 Major League Soccer schedule - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Announce 2008 MLS Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Release 2008 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Announces 2008 Schedule and SuperLiga Participation - New England Revolution
- MLS Unveils 2008 Regular Season Schedule with National Broadcasts - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Unveils 2008 Schedule - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Defender Chris Tierney Announces Retirement from Professional Soccer
- New England Revolution Academy Update: November 14, 2018
- Revolution Midfielder Zachary Herivaux Called in to Haiti National Team
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- New England Revolution Exercise Permanent Transfer Options on Cristian Penilla and Luis Caicedo