Revolution Academy Goalkeeper Ryan Carney Receives U.S. U-17 Call-Up
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Revolution Academy goalkeeper Ryan Carney (2006 - Dunstable, Mass.) has been called into the United States Under-17 National Team Domestic Training Camp in Chula Vista, Calif. from November 1-8.
Carney first joined the Revolution Academy at the start of the 2019-20 campaign, featuring for the U-14 side in his first season before moving up to the U-15s last season. Carney was a major fixture in the U-15 squad's run to the MLS NEXT Cup Semifinals last summer, starting all four matches in the tournament. Behind Carney's heroics, the U-15s knocked off Real Colorado in a penalty shootout to advance to the quarterfinals, where the 15-year-old made several crucial stops in a 3-1 victory over D.C. United despite New England being reduced to 10 players early in the match.
At the start of the 2021 MLS NEXT fall season, Carney has appeared in eight matches for the U-17s, all starts, and has posted a 4-4-0 record with one clean sheet under Head Coach Shalrie Joseph's tutelage. During the 2021 MLS NEXT Spring season, Carney appeared in eight matches for the U-15s, starting on seven occasions and helping guide the group to an eight-game unbeaten run to close the campaign.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 18, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 18, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew Forward Gyasi Zardes Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 30 - MLS
- The FC Dallas Foundation, CoServ and Globe Life Unveil Mini-Pitch at Navo Middle School - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against Austin FC on October 24 Moved to 4:00 p.m. CDT - Houston Dynamo FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Darwin Quintero Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Toronto FC on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Announces Time Change for October 24 Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC - Austin FC
- Revolution Academy Goalkeeper Ryan Carney Receives U.S. U-17 Call-Up - New England Revolution
- Five Points: Out of Sync ÃÂ - New York City FC
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Donates $10,000 Each to Dress for Success Providence and Bottom Line Boston - New England Revolution
- Charlotte FC Signs Ecuadorian Midfielder Jordy Alcívar - Charlotte FC
- Jordy Alcívar Will Bring Balance to the Midfield: Mind the Pitch - Charlotte FC
- 'Caps claim crucial three points in playoff race - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting KC Suffers 2-1 Loss in Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Announce Year-End Roster Decisions
- Matt Turner & Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Roster for December Camp
- Four Revolution Players Named to Major League Soccer's 2021 Best XI
- Revolution Eliminated in Penalty Shootout by New York City FC
- Top-Seeded Revolution Host New York City FC in Eastern Conference Semifinals