Sporting KC Weekly
A major week of soccer festivities lies ahead for Kansas City as the U.S. Women's National Team arrives, KC2026 welcomes a delegation from FIFA for a venue visit and Sporting takes on Seattle in a nationally-televised match between the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Sporting Kansas City (15-7-7, 52 points) will travel to take on the Seattle Sounders FC (17-6-6, 57 points) at 2:30 p.m. CT on Saturday at Lumen Field. The match, featuring two of the top three goal scorers in Major League Soccer with Sporting forward Daniel Salloi and Sounders striker Raul Ruidiaz, will air live nationally on Univision and TUDN in addition to local telecasts on Bally Sports Kansas City and Bally Sports Midwest. Fans are invited to attend the club's official watch party at Mr. Brew's Taphouse (3140 Iowa St.) in Lawrence, Kan.
The U.S. Women's National Team will take on Korea Republic at 7 p.m. CT on Thursday at Children's Mercy Park live on ESPN2 and TUDN with a roster headlined by Carli Lloyd, who will play the penultimate international match of her legendary career. Tickets for the match are available online at Ticketmaster.com.
The KC2026 bid to bring the 2026 FIFA World Cup to Kansas City will host a delegation from FIFA on Thursday for an official venue visit. Representatives led by FIFA Vice-President Victor Montagliani will meet with local stakeholders, including city and stadium authorities, while inspecting essential infrastructure such as stadiums, training facilities and potential FIFA Fan Festival sites as FIFA assesses bids prior to selecting host cities in 2022. KC2026 MEDIA EVENT: Media are invited to KC Live! in the Kansas City Power and Light District at 12 p.m. CT on Thursday for a press conference with FIFA Vice-President Victor Montagliani, FIFA Chief Tournaments and Events Officer Colin Smith, and KC2026 bid leaders.
The Sporting KC Show will air on Sports Radio 810 WHB from 6-7 p.m. CT on Tuesday with hosts Nate Bukaty, Aly Trost and Conall McCourt. The Sporting KC Show Podcast is available on Spotify, iTunes and SportingKC.com, giving supporters a weekly destination to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
On Saturday, Breakout KC has teamed up with Sporting KC to host a scavenger hunt at Children's Mercy Park. Breakout & Seek will feature teams of up to six people racing to complete puzzles and challenges throughout the stadium with prizes up for grabs. Registration starts at 10 a.m. CT and the cost to enter is $100 per team.
Sporting Kansas City II (4-18-8, 8th place) will continue their USL Championship campaign with a road match against Central Division leaders Birmingham Legion FC (17-7-6, 1st place) at 4 p.m. CT on Sunday at BBVA Field. The match-up will stream live on ESPN Plus and fans can follow @SportingKCII on Twitter for in-game updates.
The Sporting Kansas City Academy will also be in action on Sunday afternoon as the U-14s, U-15s, U-17s and U-19s travel to take on Texas United. Fans can follow @SKCAcademy on Twitter for in-game updates throughout the MLS NEXT season.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2021 season, follow Sporting Kansas City on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and download the official Sporting KC app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 18, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 18, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew Forward Gyasi Zardes Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 30 - MLS
- The FC Dallas Foundation, CoServ and Globe Life Unveil Mini-Pitch at Navo Middle School - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against Austin FC on October 24 Moved to 4:00 p.m. CDT - Houston Dynamo FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Darwin Quintero Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Toronto FC on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Announces Time Change for October 24 Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC - Austin FC
- Revolution Academy Goalkeeper Ryan Carney Receives U.S. U-17 Call-Up - New England Revolution
- Five Points: Out of Sync ÃÂ - New York City FC
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Donates $10,000 Each to Dress for Success Providence and Bottom Line Boston - New England Revolution
- Charlotte FC Signs Ecuadorian Midfielder Jordy Alcívar - Charlotte FC
- Jordy Alcívar Will Bring Balance to the Midfield: Mind the Pitch - Charlotte FC
- 'Caps claim crucial three points in playoff race - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting KC Suffers 2-1 Loss in Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.