Republic FC Invites Local Artists to Submit Designs for 2nd Annual 'Paint the Park' Contest
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC is partnering with Wide Open Walls to host 'Paint the Park' at Papa Murphy's Park during the club's match against Las Vegas Lights FC on August 7. The second annual event celebrates Sacramento art and brings together local artists to paint their designs at Republic FC's stadium.
"We're excited to partner again with Wide Open Walls to bring back Paint the Park for a second consecutive year," said Ben Gumpert, Republic FC President & COO. "Art has been interwoven into the fabric of this club since our beginning, and this event is a great opportunity to showcase our diverse and growing local art community and its role in developing Sacramento into one of America's top cities."
"Republic FC has long been a champion of local artists and we're thrilled to partner on Paint the Park once again," said Wide Open Walls founder David Sobon. "By highlighting rising Sacramento artists and their art to a vast audience of soccer fans, they are speaking directly to our festival's mission of art for all."
Applications to participate in the Paint the Park contest are open to the public and interested artists can submit their design concepts online at SacRepublicFC.com/paint-the-park by the deadline of July 24.
Ten artists will be selected to paint their designs on wooden panels that will be displayed at Papa Murphy's Park during Republic FC's August 7th match. All selected artists will also receive four tickets for that night's match to share with friends and family.
A panel of judges including Wide Open Walls founder David Sobon will select the top three designs and fans will have the chance to vote for their favorite artwork. The winning artist will receive a $1,000 cash prize and be prequalified to participate in the 2020 edition of Wide Open Walls.
Paint the Park continues Republic FC's history of collaborating with Sacramento artists. For the past four seasons, the club has partnered with David Garibaldi, Raphael Delgado, Maren Conrad and Lin Fei Fei to design exclusive season ticket holder scarves, as well as partnering with emerging artists to design team merchandise.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 11, 2019
- Nashville SC GM Mike Jacobs Gives Remarks at US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Return to USL Championship Action in Rematch at Hartford Athletic - Indy Eleven
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Real Monarchs Slc - July 12, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Pop-Up Pitch Brings the Heat - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United 2, Charleston Battery Match Rescheduled - Charleston Battery
- ATL UTD 2 vs Charleston Battery Rescheduled - Atlanta United 2
- Fresh off of Big Win, OC Heads to Austin - Orange County SC
- The Pittsburgher Burger Bash Returns - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Tacoma Defiance on Friday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC Invites Local Artists to Submit Designs for 2nd Annual 'Paint the Park' Contest - Sacramento Republic FC
- Solomon Asante Named USL Player of the Month - Phoenix Rising FC
- Phoenix's Asante Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- Exhibition Between C.F. Monterrey and Club Leon at Toyota Field Rescheduled for September 7 - San Antonio FC
- Issa Rayyan records his first professional brace in setback - Philadelphia Union II
- Indy Eleven Releases Midfielder Nico Matern - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.