Reno Aces Game Notes
Today's Game: With the Aces riding a six-game losing skid, Manager Greg Gross will send 32-year-old Kris Medlen to the mound Thursday night. Medlen has made two appearances with Reno in 2018, both against Fresno. The right-hander is 0-1 with a 4.15 ERA. In his last start, Medlen went 5.2 innings, allowed 4 hits and struck out five. The Aces will face righty Kyle Lloyd. Lloyd made his Major League debut last year with the Padres, but appeared in just one game. Lloyd is a Sacramento, California native who was drafted in the 29th round of the first year player draft in 2013 by San Diego.
About Last Night: Jake Buchanan got the last-minute start for the Aces on a cold Wednesday night at Greater Nevada Field. Last night's scheduled starter, Matt Koch, was announced as the Diamondbacks Friday starter in lieu of Taijuan Walker likely to undergo Tommy John surgery. In rainy conditions, Reno lost to El Paso by a score of 3-2. Buchanan went 6.0 innings, allowed six hits and gave up two runs. El Paso's starter Chris Huffman held the Aces in check, delivering 7.0 innings without an earned run to pick up the victory.
Kevin's Tower: Prior to the game against the San Diego Padres tomorrow, the D-backs will officially dedicate the suite in which the team's late General Manager Kevin Towers used to sit as Kevin's Tower. The team will wear a patch in KT's memory on Aug. 2 when the D-backs celebrate the 2011 NL West Division championship club, for which he served as GM.
Unlucky Six: The Aces have lost six consecutive games for the first time since 2015. In the 2015 season, Reno dropped six straight three times (6/3 - 6/8, 5/17 - 5/23 and 4/30 - 5/5). Reno has been outscored 31-18 in those games.
Extra, Extra Read All About It: Cody Decker went 1-for-1 last night with a double and a walk. So far this season, Decker is 9-for-32. Seven of his nine hits have been for extra bases (five HR and two 2B). Decker has 412 extra-base hits in his career (201 doubles, 18 triples and 193 home runs).
22 Straight: Socrates Brito hit an inside-the-park home run in the top of the second inning Saturday night in Fresno. From the top of the third inning that night, to the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon, the Aces were held scoreless (22 innings). Michael Perez ended the Reno drought in the seventh inning Monday with a RBI-single to score Brito. The last time Reno went 22+ consecutive innings without scoring a run was the ninth inning on April 23, 2015 to the seventh inning on April 26, 2015 (25 innings).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2018
- Redbirds Sweep Doubleheader at Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers Edge Express, 2-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Burnes, Sky Sox Shut Down Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Edge Express 2-1 in Pitcher's Duel - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Falls 1-0 in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Notch Fifth Shutout in Fifth Straight Win - Nashville Sounds
- Alex Gordon Anticipated to Join Omaha on MLB Rehab Assignment Friday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (7-6) at Iowa Cubs (3-8) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (10-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-9) - Memphis Redbirds
- Astros Replica WS Ring Giveaway Highlights Grizz Homestand #2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Herrmann's Career Night Leads Rainiers To 14-2 Rout Of Isotopes - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Rain on Aces Wednesday - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas, Aro Hold off Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sneed's gem wasted as Vegas ends Grizzlies win streak with a 2-1 victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- Miscues Prove Costly in Baby Cakes' Loss to Sky Sox - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Even Series with Cakes with 8-5 Victory - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces, Greater Nevada Field to Host World Series Watch Party
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction
- Reno Aces, Vegas Desert Sports Partner to Host Golden Knights Watch Parties in Northern Nevada
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada