Chihuahuas Rain on Aces Wednesday
Reno, NV - Jake Buchanan got the last-minute start for the Aces on a cold Wednesday night at Greater Nevada Field. Tonight's scheduled starter, Matt Koch, was announced as the Diamondbacks Friday starter in lieu of Taijuan Walker likely to undergo Tommy John surgery. In rainy conditions, Reno lost to El Paso by a score of 3-2. Buchanan went 6.0 innings, allowed six hits and gave up two runs. El Paso's starter Chris Huffman held the Aces in check, delivering 7.0 innings without an earned run to pick up the victory.
With the loss, Reno has now lost six consecutive games. The last time the Aces lost five consecutive games was 4/18/17 through 4/22/17. The last time Reno lost six consecutive games was 6/3/15 through 6/8/15. Offensively, the Aces were lead by Ildemaro Vargas (2-for-4, 2B). Reno combined for 6 hits, and drew three walks. Veteran right-hander will get the ball tomorrow night and face off against El Paso righty Kyle Lloyd.
Top Performers - Reno
Ildemaro Vargas (2-for-4, 2B) Jake Buchanan (6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER) Cody Decker ( 1-for-1, R, BB)
Top Performers - Fresno
Stephen McGhee (2-for-4, R, RBI, 2B) Brett Nicholas (2-for-4, R, 2B) Chris Huffman (7.0 IP, 4 H, 3 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Thursday April 19 El Paso
Chihuahuas RHP Kris Medlen vs.
RHP Kyle Lloyd 6:35
PM KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
All Grown Up: Per the Arizona Diamondbacks, last night, former Aces southpaw Patrick Corbin threw his first career complete-game shutout and fourth complete game (May 20, 2013 @ Rockies; August 20, 2013 @ Reds; September 6, 2013 @ Giants). He is the first D-backs lefty with a home shutout since Randy Johnson on Sept. 14, 2003 vs. Rockies. Courtesy Elias Sports Bureau, Corbin's 7.2 hitless innings were the seventh time a D-backs starter has opened a game with 7.0-or-more hitless innings.
Unlucky Six: The Aces have now lost six consecutive games for the first time since 2015. In the 2015 season, Reno dropped six straight three times (6/3 - 6/8, 5/17 - 5/23 and 4/30 - 5/5). Reno has been outscored 31-18 in those games.
Extra, Extra Read All About It: Cody Decker went 1-for-1 tonight with a double and a walk. So far this season, Decker is 9-for-32. Seven of his nine hits have been for extra bases (five HR and two 2B). Decker has 412 extra-base hits in his career (201 doubles, 18 triples and 193 home runs).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2018
- Redbirds Sweep Doubleheader at Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers Edge Express, 2-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Burnes, Sky Sox Shut Down Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Edge Express 2-1 in Pitcher's Duel - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Falls 1-0 in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Notch Fifth Shutout in Fifth Straight Win - Nashville Sounds
- Alex Gordon Anticipated to Join Omaha on MLB Rehab Assignment Friday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (7-6) at Iowa Cubs (3-8) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (10-3) at Omaha Storm Chasers (3-9) - Memphis Redbirds
- Astros Replica WS Ring Giveaway Highlights Grizz Homestand #2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Herrmann's Career Night Leads Rainiers To 14-2 Rout Of Isotopes - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Rain on Aces Wednesday - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas, Aro Hold off Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sneed's gem wasted as Vegas ends Grizzlies win streak with a 2-1 victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- Miscues Prove Costly in Baby Cakes' Loss to Sky Sox - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Even Series with Cakes with 8-5 Victory - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces, Greater Nevada Field to Host World Series Watch Party
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction
- Reno Aces, Vegas Desert Sports Partner to Host Golden Knights Watch Parties in Northern Nevada
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada