Renegades to Broadcast First Live Game on Twitcam
FISHKILL, N.Y. (August 20, 2009) -- The first televised professional baseball games were broadcast on August 26, 1939 from Ebbetts Field, as fans watched the Brooklyn Dodgers split a doubleheader with the Cincinnati Reds. Seventy years later, the Hudson Valley Renegades are excited to announce the first ever live game broadcast on Twitter.
The Renegades (Tampa Bay Rays affiliate) will take on the Staten Island Yankees (NY Yankees affiliate) on August 23, 2009 at 1:05pm. Fans can visit the Renegades Twitter page at http://twitter.com/hvrenegades to watch the live broadcast, beginning at 12:50pm.
"This technology is extremely exciting and opens the door to endless possibilities," said the Goldklang Group Vice President of Marketing and Operations Tyler Tumminia. "The Hudson Valley Renegades pride themselves on being on the cutting edge of technology and that is why they jumped at this opportunity to lead the way in a technology I know is soon to be used by teams across the world."
The event will run on Livestream's Twitcam platform and will be sponsored by MyMobileTeam. The broadcast will feature professional announcers, onscreen stats and video shots from four different cameras. Fans will be able to chat with each other while watching the game, thanks to Twitcam.
"It's a great opportunity for fans of the Rays and Yankees to see some of their prospects play, no matter where they live," said John Fitzgerald of MyMobileTeam. "Beyond that, we hope that baseball fans from across the world check out this historic broadcast."
Fans will also be able to watch the Renegades take on the Brooklyn Cyclones (New York Mets Affiliate) on September 3 at 6:50 p.m. Once again, fans will be able to access the broadcast by visiting http://twitter.com/hvrenegades.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 20, 2009
- Scrappers win again 6-3 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Renegades Drop Game Two to Scrappers 6-3 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Birds Lose in Extras - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes' Rally Comes up Short - State College Spikes
- Vermont Shutout Jamestown - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Renegades to Broadcast First Live Game on Twitcam - Hudson Valley Renegades
- State College Spikes Game Notes - State College Spikes
- Spikes Game Going to the Dogs (And Cats) on Bark in the Park Night Thursday - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.