Reign Announce Playoff Roster
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, four-time Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, have released the official team roster for the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs. The roster consists of 10 forwards, seven defensemen, two goalies, and two more players on reserve.
- Matt White
- Lane Scheidl
- Chris Crane
- Maxim Kitsyn
- Tyler Gron
- Rocco Carzo
- Everett Sheen
- Gasper Kopitar
- Derek Couture
- Jeremy Yablonski
- Kyle Bigos
- John Ryder
- Cody Sol
- Olivier Dame-Malka
- Matt Register
- Dennis Brown
- Nick Jones
- Jussi Olkinuora
- J.P. Anderson
- Yasin Cisse
- Jonathan Parker
- Zach O'Brien (F)
- Dan DaSilva (F)
- Riley Brace (F)
- Sebastian Stalberg (F)
- Jake Newton (D)
- Michael Hutchinson (G)
- Mathias Niederberger (G)
Playoff Rosters consist of a maximum of 23 Players - a 20-man active roster and a three-man reserve list. Upon submission of its Playoff Roster, each Member is required to include:
1. a minimum of 19 active, available (i.e. not injured or on recall) Players; and
2. a list of all other Players who meet the Playoff Roster Eligibility requirements, but who are unavailable at the time that Playoff Rosters are due to the League Office due to recall to the AHL or NHL. The Playoff Eligible List may only list Players who are unavailable due to recall. All other players (i.e. injured Players) must be listed on a Member's initial Playoff Roster (active roster or reserve list) in order to participate in the Playoffs.
Throughout the Playoffs, but prior to the start of the Conference Finals, as the recalled Players listed on a Member's Playoff Eligible List become available (due to assignment, release from PTO or their respective AHL teams' seasons having ended), Members shall be permitted to supplement their initial Playoff Rosters with Players listed on their Playoff Eligible Lists, up to a maximum of 23 Players total. Once a Member has named a total of 23 Players to its Playoff Roster, or the Conference Finals have begun (whichever comes first), the Member's Playoff Roster shall be fixed for the duration of the Playoffs (barring emergency conditions).
A Player who has finished the Regular Season on Injured Reserve may still be named to a Member's 23-man Playoff Roster and will be eligible to participate in the Playoffs once his full IR time has been completed (provided all other playoff eligibility requirements have been satisfied). Once a Player has fully completed his remaining IR time, he may be activated and placed on the Member's Active Roster.
Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Member, by reason of injury, illness, recall or suspension by the League, is reduced below two (2) goalkeepers and sixteen (16) skaters. However, should a Member release a Player(s) from its Playoff Roster, its emergency conditions will drop by the same number as the Players they release. Only amateur Players may be signed and added to the Active Roster under emergency conditions.
The Reign will begin the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs in Stockton on Friday, Apr. 18 and Saturday, Apr. 19 in Stockton. The team will return to Ontario to host the Thunder on Tuesday, Apr. 22 and Wednesday, Apr. 23 . Don't miss this chance to cheer on your Ontario Reign toward the Kelly Cup Championship! For Reign playoff tickets call 909.941.PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 16, 2014
- Newton Returns to Reign from AHL - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - April 16 - ECHL
- Gagnon, Pedan Added to Playoff Roster - Stockton Thunder
- 8 Former Grizzlies on NHL Playoff Rosters - Utah Grizzlies
- Register Named ECHL Defenseman of the Year - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Register Named CCM Hockey ECHL Defenseman of the Year - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Become ECHL Affiliate of Buffalo Sabres - Elmira Jackals
- Walker Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Proud to Stay in the 209 - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Announce Playoff Roster - Ontario Reign
- Florida's Walker Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Condon Earns Two ECHL Awards in April - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Condon Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Wheeling's Condon Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Shalla Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.