Proud to Stay in the 209
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder announced today that the franchise, parent company, SC Hockey Franchise Corporation and the city of Stockton, California have reached an agreement on the amendment of their Lease Agreement with the City of Stockton.
The City of Stockton has been renegotiating leases with many of its partners as part of its Plan of Adjustment. As part of its April 15th session, the Stockton City Council approved the tentative agreement between the city and the Thunder under the bankruptcy plan of adjustment, setting up a May 12 date for the city's Chapter 9 trial in federal court.
"Our owner, Brad Rowbotham, has been a true civic champion," Team President Brian Sandy said. "He has stepped up and gone above and beyond to make this happen for our city, for our community and for our fans. The Thunder are here to play and here to stay!"
The Stockton Thunder open up their defense of the Western Conference Championship title against the Ontario Reign in the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs. Game one of the series will be at Stockton Arena on Friday, April 18, at 7:30 p.m. The first 2,500 fans entering Stockton Arena will receive a Garet Hunt trading card.
Special playoff ticket packages are available through the Stockton Thunder front office by calling 209-373-1500. Fans can get tickets to the first round of the playoffs for free with the renewal or purchase of a Thunder Mini-Plan, or get tickets to all the Thunder's 2014 playoff games for free with the purchase of a new season ticket. For more information, visit StocktonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 16, 2014
- Newton Returns to Reign from AHL - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - April 16 - ECHL
- Gagnon, Pedan Added to Playoff Roster - Stockton Thunder
- 8 Former Grizzlies on NHL Playoff Rosters - Utah Grizzlies
- Register Named ECHL Defenseman of the Year - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Register Named CCM Hockey ECHL Defenseman of the Year - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Become ECHL Affiliate of Buffalo Sabres - Elmira Jackals
- Walker Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Proud to Stay in the 209 - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Announce Playoff Roster - Ontario Reign
- Florida's Walker Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Condon Earns Two ECHL Awards in April - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Condon Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Wheeling's Condon Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Shalla Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls