RedHawks' Tim Colwell Named Aa Pointstreak Player of the Week
FARGO, N.D. - The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball and Pointstreak announced RedHawks outfielder Tim Colwell as the AA Player of the Week, for the week ending July 8, 2018.
The Shoreview, MN native and former North Dakota State University outfielder went 14-34 last week with nine runs, four RBIs, six doubles, two
triples and five stolen bases and is now batting .346 on the year.
"Tim has been an impact player for us since he arrived here," RedHawks manager Michael Schalct said. "He plays hard on both offense and defense and truly loves the game...we're proud of Tim and all of his hard work is paying off."
Colwell began his professional career with the Sioux City Explorers in 2014 after becoming NDSU's career leader in triples (18), hits (291), stolen bases (52), stolen base attempts (68), at-bats (830), runs scored (172), and games played (211). Colwell hit .307 in his inaugural professional season and played two more seasons with the Explorers before moving on to the St. Paul Saints in 2017. Colwell came to the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks this season, returning to the same field he played his college home games at, Newman Outdoor Field.
The RedHawks are on a four-game winning streak and sit atop the Northern Division for the first time this season, with a half-game lead over St. Paul. Tonight, begins the first of a three-game series in Wichita, with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm.
Images from this story
Tim Colwell of the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 9, 2018
- RailCats Offensive Struggles Continue in 5-3 Loss to AirHogs - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones Trade Infielder Walters for St Paul's Perio - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Bring Back OF Tillman Pugh - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks' Tim Colwell Named Aa Pointstreak Player of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- National Pro Fastpitch Returns to KC Tonight and Tomorrow - Kansas City T-Bones
- Unlimited Food, Unlimited Fun Highlight 'Cats Three Games against Texas - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wheeling and Dealing: Saints Trade for Former Major League Second Baseman Zach Walters - St. Paul Saints
- Offensive Barn Burner Goes to Wichita - Sioux City Explorers
- Wingnuts Win Back-And-Forth Affair to Claim Series - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks and RailCats Game Postponed Due to Rain
- RedHawks Drop Second Game to Pesky RailCats
- RedHawks' Late Inning Comeback Falls Short against RailCats
- RedHawks' Tim Colwell Named Aa Pointstreak Player of the Week
- Solomon Shuts Down Goldeyes for Series Sweep