Red Dogs say Goodbye to QB/WR Chris Dixon
The Black Hills Red Dogs announce today that QB/WR Chris Dixon from Humboldt State was released due to family affairs. Chris Dixon will be greatly missed. Chris Dixon was not only an explosive Quarterback, but he was a dominant receiver and rusher.
Chris Dixon was 59-114 Passing with 493 yards 5 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Rushing he had 36 rushing attempts for 207 yards and 3 touchdowns. As a Wide Receiver he had 12 catches for 202 yards and 3 touchdowns. Chris desire to play the game will be hard to replace.
The Red Dogs have added some excellent talent to their roster over the week. WR Sterling Finney from Culver Stockton, DB/WR Steve Morse from Portland State, WR Joshua Martin from Northern State University, DB Brandon Springer from Menlo College and Mike Tech Williams from Florida A&M University.
Mike Tech Williams is from San Diego, CA and has played for Sioux Falls Storm 2002, Sioux City Bandits 2003, and Evansville Bluecats in 2004. In Sundays game he had 5 solo tackles 3 assisted tackles, 1 pass breakup and a fumble recovery.
Brandon Springer was also activated for Sundays game he had 7 solo tackles and 1 assisted tackle. Brandon is from Palo Alto, CA and has no previous indoor football experience.
• Discuss this story on the United Indoor Football Association message board...
United Indoor Football Association Stories from May 19, 2005
- Omaha Beef game notes - Omaha Beef
- Storm Signs Northern State and UND Stand-outs - Sioux Falls Storm
- Bluecats Gear Up For Storm, FinHeads Host Road Game Party - Evansville BlueCats
- Red Dogs Top Performers for Week Nine - Black Hills Red Dogs
- Red Dogs Hungry For Some Beef - Black Hills Red Dogs
- Red Dogs say Goodbye to QB/WR Chris Dixon - Black Hills Red Dogs
- Freedom games remain on 1250 - Fort Wayne Freedom
- Erik Rockhold Named UIF Special Teams Player of the Week in Week Nine - Evansville BlueCats
- Week Nine Player-of-the-Week Awards Announced - UIF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.