Red Bulls Loan Danny Cepero to Harrisburg
SECAUCUS, NJ (April 2, 2008) - Red Bull New York announced today that it has loaned goalkeeper Danny Cepero to the Harrisburg City Islanders (Pa.) of the United Soccer Leagues Second Division.
"We think that Danny is a talented young player and feel that it is vital for him to gain match experience," said Red Bull New York Sporting Director Jeff Agoos. "We are certain that Danny's time in Harrisburg will be beneficial and help him develop as a player."
Cepero is currently in his second year in Major League Soccer. The former University of Pennsylvania standout was drafted by the Red Bulls in the fourth round (46th overall) in the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft. Last season, the 22-year-old played in eight games for the Red Bulls reserves, starting in three matches.
Harrisburg was the 2007 USL-2 champion and earned a spot in the quarterfinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup last season.
The Red Bulls open their MLS regular season this Saturday, April 5 against the Columbus Crew at 7:30 PM ET (TV: Fox Soccer Channel, Spanish Radio: WADO 1280) at Giants Stadium. For tickets, please call 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 2, 2008
- San Jose Earthquakes Return to Major League Soccer - MLS
- Revolution's Nyassi Wins MLS' Goal of the Week - New England Revolution
- Major League Soccer Disciplinary Committee Issues Suspension and Fines - MLS
- RSL and Jersey's Sports Grill to Host Viewing Party for Saturday's 2008 Road Opener - Real Salt Lake
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Defender Eric Denton - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls Announce Partnership With Makita - New York Red Bulls
- TFC Signs French Midfielder - Toronto FC
- Red Bulls Loan Danny Cepero to Harrisburg - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2019 Team Awards
- New York Red Bulls Homegrown Connor Lade Announces Retirement
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs