Red Bulls Aquire Pair of Draft Picks for Dominic Oduro
SECAUCUS, NJ (May 27, 2009) - Red Bull New York announced today that it has acquired the Houston Dynamo's highest 2010 first round MLS SuperDraft pick and highest 2011 second round MLS SuperDraft pick in exchange for forward Dominic Oduro. The Red Bulls also announced today that it has waived goalkeeper Terry Boss. New York now has two first round picks in the 2010 SuperDraft.
"This deal provides our club with more options and roster flexibility moving forward," said Red Bull New York Sporting Director Jeff Agoos. "We want to wish Dominic the best of luck in Houston."
Oduro, 23, made three regular season appearances for the Red Bulls, including one start. He tallied one assist in two games in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup action. The Pramso, Ghana native was acquired from FC Dallas on Jan. 13, 2009 along with the 11th and 18th overall selections in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft in exchange for midfielder Dave van den Bergh and the 14th overall selection in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft.
Boss, 27, was signed by New York on Sept. 15, 2008. He appeared in four MLS Reserve League games in 2008, posting a 0.40 goals against average and a 1-1-1 record. He underwent season-ending surgery on Nov. 20 to repair a torn PCL in his left knee. He was placed on the team's Disabled List at the start of the 2009 season. Prior to joining the Red Bulls, the former University of Tulsa and Puerto Rican international was with the Charlotte Eagles of the United Soccer League's Second Division.
The Red Bulls complete a four-game homestand on Saturday, May 30 when they take on the Colorado Rapids at 7:30 PM ET (TV: MSG; Radio: WADO 1280 AM). For tickets, call the Red Bulls at 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
Transaction: Red Bull New York acquires the Houston Dynamo's highest 2010 first round SuperDraft pick and 2011 second round SuperDraft pick in exchange for forward Dominic Oduro. RBNY waives goalkeeper Terry Boss.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 27, 2009
- Earthquakes Lose to the Columbus Crew 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA faces Blanco and the Fire Thursday night at The Home Depot Center - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Defender Sean Franklin to Miss 4-6 Months - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines San Jose Earthquakes Defender Chris Leitch - MLS
- Revs Return Home, Face United - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Aquire Pair of Draft Picks for Dominic Oduro - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo acquire forward Dominic Oduro from New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United, Athlete to Atleta donate soccer equipment - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Finish Three-Game Road Swing With Mid-week Match Against the Columbus Crew Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders Top Rapids in U.S. Open Cup Play-In - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Announce Protected Player List
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2018 Team Awards
- Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National Team and Mexico WNT in Send-Off Series
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Season Roster Updates
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Tyler Adams to RB Leipzig