Reading Native F Steven Swavely Agrees to AHL Deal with Phantoms
Reading, PA - Forward Steven Swavely has re-signed with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on an AHL deal for the 2019-20 season, the Phantoms announced Monday. Swavely, 27, is entering his fourth professional season and all have been in the Philadelphia Flyers organization. The 2010 Muhlenberg High School graduate started last season on an ECHL contract with Reading and was named an ECHL All-Star for the first time in his career (14g, 30 pts., 27 GP). In January 2019, the Phantoms signed the Reading native to an AHL contract and Swavely registered seven points in 40 contests. His 40 games with the Phantoms were a single-season high for his AHL tenure.
Swavely has 98 career points with the Royals; if he records two more, he will be one of 17 Reading players ever to reach the century mark. He has also compiled 45 goals and plus-28 rating (105 GP).
Over 93 games with the Phantoms, Swavely has contributed six goals and 15 points. In 2018, Lehigh Valley advanced to the Calder Cup Playoffs' Eastern Conference Finals and Swavely skated in eight postseason games.
Swavely captained the University of Maine as a senior in 2015-16. Prior to his NCAA career, he wore the "C" for the New Jersey Hitmen (2011-12) and played locally for the Philadelphia Jr. Flyers (2008-10) and the Valley Forge Minutemen (2007-08).
Swavely stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 190 pounds.
Single-game tickets and mini-plans are on sale by visiting royalshockey.com/promotions, calling 610-898-7825 and visiting Santander Arena and The Weidenhammer Box Office at 700 Penn Street, Reading, PA.
The first Royals' home game on Oct. 19 vs. Maine features a massive block party, games, food, drinks and a special "Downtown Alive" concert on Penn Street before the home opener.
Reading's new five-game mini-plan includes a meal for every game, a Reading Royals Hat, an exclusive fan experience, an autographed team picture and a guaranteed giveaway for each of the 5 games. Purchase your seat or seats today by calling 610-898-7825 or by visiting https://bit.ly/2LSHBp8.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 16, 2019
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Nick Kieswether as Head Athletic Trainer - Worcester Railers HC
- Beast Announce 2019-20 Schedule Changes - Brampton Beast
- Reading Native F Steven Swavely Agrees to AHL Deal with Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Today - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- F Strome Reassigned to Reading, F Fitzgerald and D De Haas Loaned by Lehigh Valley
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 2
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Reading Bested in Home Opener, 5-3