Rawhide Shut out the Giants 4-0
SAN JOSE, CA-Rawhide tied up the series 1-1 with a shut-out win over the San Jose Giants. Josh Green earned his eighth win of the season after five scoreless innings pitched. He gave up three hits and two walks while striking out five.
Rawhide scored in three consecutive innings, beginning in the first inning. Jake McCarthy drove in L.T. Tolbert and Luis Alejandro Basabe with a 2-RBI triple to right field in the first inning. In the second, Jorge Perez hit his first home run as a member of the Rawhide to make it 3-0. The fourth and final run for Visalia was driven in by McCarthy when he doubled to right field.
San Jose starting pitcher, Matt Frisbee , earned the loss after only pitching two and two-third innings. He gave up all four runs off five hits and four walks. The Giants used three pitchers out of the bullpen. John Gavin pitched three and one-third innings without allowing a run. Rodolfo Martinez also pitched two scoreless innings before Camilo Doval pitched one scoreless inning.
Cole Bartlett pitched three scoreless innings of relief without giving up a hit and West Tunnell pitched the ninth to close out the game for the Rawhide.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 6, 2019
- Quakes Romp Again in SB - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Gaddis Goes Eight, JetHawks Blank Storm - Lancaster JetHawks
- Storm Pick up Back-To-Back Wins Versus Lancaster - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Seager with Two Hits as Quakes Pummel Sixers - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- 'Hawks Fall to Storm for Third Loss in a Row - Lancaster JetHawks
- Nuts Take Fourth Straight Win - Modesto Nuts
- Ports Drop Fourth Straight, Fall 7-3 - Stockton Ports
- Rawhide Shut out the Giants 4-0 - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.