Rattlers Acquire Dynamic WR Julius Gregory Via Trade
Phoenix, Ariz. - The five-time world champion Arizona Rattlers acquired wide receiver Julius Gregory for the rest of the 2016 Arena Football League (AFL) season on Wednesday. The Rattlers received Gregory's rights from the Tampa Bay Storm, which completed a trade made earlier in the season. This will be his first season with the Rattlers, his second in the AFL.
Gregory began his AFL career with the Storm in 2015. During his rookie season, he was second on the team in receptions, hauling in 98 catches for 1,036 yards and 27 touchdowns. An injury early in the 2016 season forced Gregory to miss some time, but since his return, has caught 16 passes for 227 yards and three touchdowns in his four games. He also averages 13.1 yards per catch on the season for Tampa Bay.
Prior to joining the Storm, Gregory played for the York Capitols of the American Indoor Football (AIF) league where he was named the co-MVP of the league in 2014.
The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder attended Shaw University, where he held the single season and career touchdown receptions records for the Bears. Overall, he caught 76 passes for 1,342 yards and 19 touchdowns. Gregory also rushed 22 times for 119 yards.
The Portsmouth, Virginia native attended I.C Norcom High School. While there he was a four-sport letterman and was on the honor roll.
Images from this story
WR Julius Gregory with the Tampa Bay Storm
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 22, 2016
- Rattlers Acquire Dynamic WR Julius Gregory Via Trade - Arizona Rattlers
- Storm Acquires Wide Receiver Prechae Rodriguez - Tampa Bay Storm
- AFL Matchups: Gladiators, Sharks Battle for Postseason Positioning on ESPN2 - AFL
- Predators To Honor Pulse Night Club Victims - Orlando Predators
- Week 13 Preview: Sharks Host Cleveland on Saturday - Jacksonville Sharks
- Carr Named AFL Playmaker of Week 12 - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Rattlers Stories
- Auditions Set for the 2019 Arizona Sidewinders
- Rattlers Announce Open Tryout
- Rattlers Name Oscar Hernandez as Sidewinders Director; Shelby Regier as Assistant Director
- Sidewinders Angie Baker Named Director of Cheerleaders for Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Rattlers; Detroit Drive Still Only Teams to Three-Peat