Storm Acquires Wide Receiver Prechae Rodriguez
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm has acquired veteran wide receiver Prechae Rodriguez, announced vice president of football operations, Jeff Gooch.
"Prechae provides us with another target in our offensive system," said Gooch. "He's played in our system before and is a veteran of the game. We are looking forward to seeing him go to work on the field."
Rodriguez (6-foot-5, 215 lbs., Auburn) enters his fifth season in the Arena Football League and second with the Storm. A local product out of Jefferson High School, Rodriguez joined the Storm for his rookie year in 2012. He set the League ablaze, reeling in 125 catches for 1,653 yards and 32 touchdowns, earning Rookie of the Year and MVP consideration. His 125 receptions tied the then Storm single-season franchise record and his 1,653 receiving yards were the most receiving yards by rookie in Storm history.
In 2013, Rodriguez would move on to the Orlando Predators where he continued to show his playmaking ability. He finished the season second on the team with 119 catches for 1,614 yards and 41 touchdowns. His 41 touchdowns set an Orlando franchise record. Rodriguez would spend time with the Pittsburgh Power in 2014 and the Jacksonville Sharks in 2015.
The Tampa, native began his professional career in the Canadian Football League with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2008. He earned CFL East Division Most Outstanding Rookie honors in 2008 and recorded 158 catches for 2,098 yards and 12 touchdowns during his time in the CFL.
Rodriguez began his collegiate career at Coffeyville Junior College and helped lead the team to a 10-2 record and No. 3 ranking in the National Junior College Athletic Association Poll. He would go on to transfer to Auburn where he appeared in 36 games for the Tigers.
The team also traded wide receiver Julius Gregory to the Arizona Rattlers, completing future considerations.
Gregory (6-foot-4, 225 lbs., Shaw) was in his second year with the Storm. Through six games, Gregory had 20 receptions for 261 yards and four touchdowns.
The Five-Time World Champion Tampa Bay Storm is entering its 25th season in Tampa Bay. For more specific details regarding single-game pricing and availability, please contact the Storm ticket office at 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com. Season tickets can be purchased by visiting TampaBayStorm.com or by calling 813.301.6600. For group sales fans can contact 813.301.6900. Additionally fans and sponsors can follow the Storm on Facebook (Tampa Bay Storm) or Twitter (@tampabaystorm) for up to date news and exclusive content.
Images from this story
Tampa Bay Storm Wide Receiver Prechae Rodriguez
(Scott Audette/Tampa Bay Storm)
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 22, 2016
- Rattlers Acquire Dynamic WR Julius Gregory Via Trade - Arizona Rattlers
- Storm Acquires Wide Receiver Prechae Rodriguez - Tampa Bay Storm
- AFL Matchups: Gladiators, Sharks Battle for Postseason Positioning on ESPN2 - AFL
- Predators To Honor Pulse Night Club Victims - Orlando Predators
- Week 13 Preview: Sharks Host Cleveland on Saturday - Jacksonville Sharks
- Carr Named AFL Playmaker of Week 12 - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football