Raptors 905 Acquire Returning Rights to Evans
Raptors 905 announced Monday they have acquired the returning rights to guard Jawun Evans from the Northern Arizona Suns in exchange for the returning rights to forward Malcolm Miller and the 21st overall pick in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
Evans, 6-foot, 190 pounds, appeared in seven games with the Phoenix Suns and one with the Oklahoma City Thunder last season. He also played 32 games (26 starts) with Northern Arizona, averaging 15.1 points, 5.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.6 steals.
A native of Greenville, South Carolina, Evans was drafted in the second round (39th overall) in the 2017 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. His draft rights were acquired by the Los Angeles Clippers where he dressed for 48 games during the 2017-18 season, posting averages of 4.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
The NBA G League Draft will take place Saturday, Oct. 26 at 1 p.m. with the 905 making its first selection in the third round, 69th overall.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Raptors 905 Acquire Returning Rights to Evans - Raptors 905
- NAZ Suns Acquire Returning Player Rights to NBA Champion Malcolm Miller in Trade with Raptors - Northern Arizona Suns
- Memphis Hustle Finalize Coaching Staff for 2019-20 Season - Memphis Hustle
- Wizards Sign Chiozza to Two-Way Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Acquires Two First Round Picks - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats Basketball Operations Announces New Staff Additions - Delaware Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Rights to Jemerrio Jones - Wisconsin Herd
- Raptors Convert Brissett to Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Jalen McDaniels - Greensboro Swarm
- Charlotte Hornets Convert Kobi Simmons to Two-Way Contract - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.