Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Rights to Jemerrio Jones
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, has acquired the returning player rights to Jemerrio Jones from the South Bay Lakers. In exchange, the Herd traded the 8th pick in the 2019 G League Draft and the Herd's 2020 first round draft pick to South Bay.
In 47 games (six starts) for South Bay last season, Jones averaged 9.4 points (.542 FG%), 9.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.0 block in 24.7 minutes per game. The 6-5 forward tallied 15 double-doubles last season and recorded 21 games with double-digit rebounds.
The New Mexico State alum received an NBA Call-Up to the Los Angeles Lakers on March 31, 2019 and went on to average 4.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.2 steals in six games (two starts). Jones recorded three double-digit games for Los Angeles, including a 16-rebound performance on 4/7/19 vs. Utah and an 11-point, 15-rebound double-double against Portland in the final game of the 2018-19 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Raptors 905 Acquire Returning Rights to Evans - Raptors 905
- NAZ Suns Acquire Returning Player Rights to NBA Champion Malcolm Miller in Trade with Raptors - Northern Arizona Suns
- Memphis Hustle Finalize Coaching Staff for 2019-20 Season - Memphis Hustle
- Wizards Sign Chiozza to Two-Way Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Acquires Two First Round Picks - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats Basketball Operations Announces New Staff Additions - Delaware Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Rights to Jemerrio Jones - Wisconsin Herd
- Raptors Convert Brissett to Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Jalen McDaniels - Greensboro Swarm
- Charlotte Hornets Convert Kobi Simmons to Two-Way Contract - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115
- Herd Posts Tenth Straight Win, Defeats Maine 123-118
- Herd Ups Winning Streak to Nine, Beats Long Island 125-116
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115
- Herd Nab Seventh Consecutive Win, Beat Delaware 124-119