Rapid City Takes Lead in Season Series
Rapid City - The Denver Cutthroats and Rapid City Rush met for the final night in the three-game series on Saturday, November 30. The series was tied leading into Saturday night's game following Denver's win on Wednesday, November 27 and Rapid City's victory on Friday, November 29. The Rush took the lead in the three-game series with a 6-2 victory over the Cutthroats on Saturday night.
The Rapid City Rush took an early lead in the opening period when Scott Brannon (Riley Weselowski, Kyle Stroh) found the back of the Denver Cutthroats net. Less than two minutes later, Jesse Schultz (Sean Erickson, Eric Giosa) scored the second goal for Rapid City to take a 2-0 lead over Denver at first intermission.
Scott Wray (Erickson, Giosa) took advantage of Rapid City's power play and put the score up 3-0. Denver's T.J. Fox (Michael Schumacher, Vincent Arseneau) caged the first puck of the night for the Cutthroats to close the second period 3-1 Rapid City Rush.
On the power play, the Cutthroats J.P. Chabot (Fox, Lee Moffie) trimmed the deficit 3-2. Rapid City's Matthew Larke (Tristin Llewellyn, Konrad Reeder) was quick to respond and double the lead 4-2 Rush. Kyle Stroh (Llewellyn, Justin Sawyer) fired a puck from in front of the Cutthroats net for Rapid City's fifth goal. Justin Faryna (Wray, Erickson) scored the final goal of the night to give the Rapid City Rush a 6-2 victory and take the lead in the season series against the Denver Cutthroats.
The Denver Cutthroats head to St. Charles, Missouri to face the St. Charles Chill for the first time in franchise history. The Chill will host the Cutthroats for a two-game set on Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7. The Cutthroats will return to the Denver Coliseum to host the Chill on Wednesday, December 11. Puck drops at 7:00 PM. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Sundogs Close out Series, Lose 4-1 to Americans - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Takes Lead in Season Series - Denver Cutthroats
- Beast Score Twice Late; Edge Chill in Shootout - St. Charles Chill
- Thunder Climb Back for 3-2 Shootout Win at Missouri - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Beat Arizona Again to Win the Series - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Take 1 Point against Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blast Tulsa 9-3; Ruskowski Moves into Third Place in CHL - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Clobbered by Mallards in Ugly 9-3 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Andrew Courtney Suspended 2 Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Upended by Beast 3-2 on Black Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Arizona Fall to Americans 3-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Chill Fights to the End in 4-3 Loss - St. Charles Chill
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster