Sundogs Close out Series, Lose 4-1 to Americans
Prescott Valley, AZ - The Arizona Sundogs closed out their three-game Thanksgiving series and lost 4-1 to the Allen Americans Saturday night.
Arizona found themselves down two goals in the opening frame which they were unable to recover from resulting in their eventual loss. Allen scored the only two goals in the first 40 minutes of play with their first registered by John Snowden with 1:16 left in the in first. The Americans would pick up their second goal after Alex Tuckerman and Daniel Tetrault came to fisticuffs and were both accessed a four minute double minor for roughing. Jonathan Lessard tallied the power play goal and ultimately the game winner.
The Sundogs hoped to rally back in the third after gaining momentum and cutting their deficit in half when Paul Mcilveen scored a power play goal 4:43 into the period, increasing his point streak to six games. Assists were credited to Jason Morgan and Bryan Cameron. Allen wasted no time scoring their second power play goal of the night when Alex Lavoie got the best of Sundogs' goalie Chris Rawlings furthering their lead.
With 2:07 remaining in regulation Garrett Klotz was called for tripping sending the Sundogs on the man-advantage but resulted in an empty net shorthanded goal for Allen's Phil Fox solidifying their Saturday night victory.
Rawlings blocked 19 of 22 shots on net. The Sundogs outshot the Americans 36-23. Arizona was 1-6 on the power play and Allen was 2-4.
The Sundogs take to the road for a six-game road trip making stops in Tulsa, Missouri and Denver before returning home in December.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Sundogs Close out Series, Lose 4-1 to Americans - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Takes Lead in Season Series - Denver Cutthroats
- Beast Score Twice Late; Edge Chill in Shootout - St. Charles Chill
- Thunder Climb Back for 3-2 Shootout Win at Missouri - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Beat Arizona Again to Win the Series - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Take 1 Point against Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blast Tulsa 9-3; Ruskowski Moves into Third Place in CHL - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Clobbered by Mallards in Ugly 9-3 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Andrew Courtney Suspended 2 Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Upended by Beast 3-2 on Black Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Arizona Fall to Americans 3-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Chill Fights to the End in 4-3 Loss - St. Charles Chill
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.